• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good old color 8 for wingtip Wednesday. Cheers all!
20230329_183759.jpg

serbarristan

Reaction score
Some preorders you can forget about. This was not one of them. My Alden Madison crowdfunded design, the Field Boot, has arrived in force. Special thanks to everyone at Alden Madison for running such a cool program, and to @BAK for his input and mock-up help. I'm happy.
IMG_0121.png

IMG_0122.png

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are the 1000 mile boots and I agree different class. But I find them extremely comfortable too.

View attachment 1928953

Alden's fit my feet perfectly as well. I think out of all shoes I have tried, AEs were the worst for me for some reason. My feet actually hurt after wearing anything in my size or any variation of my size. (I.E. larger smaller etc)
Yeah different jobs. I do like the steel shank though! TruBalance is my favorite boot last.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Likely last hurrah for boots so why not go for the gold. Pretty sure I’ve only gotten one wear out of these beauties (Covid & crazy Pgh winter). Ravello is my 2nd favorite shade behind 8 but these may be the single most perfect shade of footwear I’ve ever owned. Indoor and outdoor shots…..

View attachment 1927823 View attachment 1927829 View attachment 1927827 View attachment 1927825

Happy Tuesday gang. Have a great day!
It's always, repeat always, boot season...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would say Alden are comfortable hand-made, sturdy, fit-focused, style boots but wolverine is going to be less comfortable, more sturdy, generic-fit, work-boots. Probably steel toed too?
The 1000 mile boot is considered a "fashion boot" by Wolverine dealers....but in actuality it is a 100yr old work boot....find the right size and it fits fine, wrong size and it is painful...

slows2k

Reaction score
Some preorders you can forget about. This was not one of them. My Alden Madison crowdfunded design, the Field Boot, has arrived in force. Special thanks to everyone at Alden Madison for running such a cool program, and to @BAK for his input and mock-up help. I'm happy.
View attachment 1929049
View attachment 1929059

Such a great makeup. I know everyone falls over themselves about shell, especially rarer colors, but goddamn snuff suede may be the GOAT.

DG123

Reaction score
They are the 1000 mile boots and I agree different class. But I find them extremely comfortable too.

View attachment 1928953

Alden's fit my feet perfectly as well. I think out of all shoes I have tried, AEs were the worst for me for some reason. My feet actually hurt after wearing anything in my size or any variation of my size. (I.E. larger smaller etc)
The Wolverine 1000 Mile boot Last is similar to Alden's Modified Last; a very broad-rounded toe box with a relatively narrow heel, which many people will find provides a good fit.

DG123

Reaction score
Interesting, I would have thought for the money they would use better quality. I have Wolverine boots that I can kick the side of a building with and no damage. I would think Alden would be above them in durability. The upper on the boot is fantastic though so at least the most important area matters.
The commando sole is mostly used for retailers make-up orders. For Alden's stock line the leather soles and especially the Neocork sole are excellent.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's always, repeat always, boot season...

Ha, yes, I do recall you mentioning that once or twice. Well it turns out I may have been a bit premature in my assessment. Still a bit chilly and for the life of me I can’t figure out why I don’t reach for these modified Dearborn’s from Leffot more often……

E86F2EF3-EC75-4DD9-9C37-144F867A28C1.jpeg
D3CAA7A8-82B7-43AF-BF2C-E4975E4EEDDA.jpeg

CBE131DA-BCE7-466B-B072-C8A74FFEAA21.jpeg

Last shot is outdoors. And to really switch things up, even threw on some argyles. As NB once said, been such a long time……..

ED93E512-006A-4415-88F6-E5660D727F82.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha, yes, I do recall you mentioning that once or twice. Well it turns out I may have been a bit premature in my assessment. Still a bit chilly and for the life of me I can’t figure out why I don’t reach for these modified Dearborn’s from Leffot more often……

View attachment 1929343 View attachment 1929347

View attachment 1929345

Last shot is outdoors. And to really switch things up, even threw on some argyles. As NB once said, been such a long time……..

View attachment 1929349
Those are nice boots!!!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I would have thought for the money they would use better quality. I have Wolverine boots that I can kick the side of a building with and no damage. I would think Alden would be above them in durability. The upper on the boot is fantastic though so at least the most important area matters.
Depending on the year you got your pair of wolverines and which factory they were made they'll be pretty different. There was a large run of them just having heels fall off because they were only glued at one point. I actually wonder where they're made today after their last factory shut down.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads