• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
It's an excellent choice for an end-game boot, I know exactly what you mean. I really wanted a pair of cigar Indys on neocork, but I'm an odd size (7EEE) and for those of us with odd sizes, rare shell colors like cigar are very, very hard to get. So when Alden of Madison did a pre-order of the #8 Indys I ordered a pair, figuring that #8 it is as close as I am likely to get to cigar. #8 was my second choice though. But when the boots arrived they were fantastic, so much so that I lost all interest in cigar. They really are fantastic boots, just beautiful, and the neocork sole looks really good with antique edges, very refined. Super comfortable too. They are great boots, I hope you get yours soon!

La nuit, tous les chats sont gris:

tPSKZee.jpg

Cigar vs #8.

Last edited:

rosenkruez

Reaction score
So I fell in love with this shoes from officiate creative.
72FEDDD6-A4C2-4D68-8B94-5B3E615705D8.jpeg

They say it’s horse leather so I presume it’s shell cordovan?
Anyway, it’s a bit tight for my feet and unfortunately they don’t make a bigger size than what I got. EU46.

I’m trying to find the next closest thing and I think it comes down to 990 vs. m6405, at least for the upper. Soles can be changed so I’m less worried.

404E9DAF-4D81-417D-8285-714576658548.jpeg

I’m kind of tired of the 990 design and I like the m6405 design better. However, since they are unlined, the shape of the toe appears to be more slim compared to 990. I wish there was some hybrid model of the two with the upper design of m6405 but fully lined so that there is more volume on the toe area.
Or this in shell. (Commuter PTB from Brick and Mortar)
Can Alden do a custom model…?

2C018C7F-C358-44DA-A59D-0EFA157BBAEB.jpeg

Treble

Reaction score
So I fell in love with this shoes from officiate creative. View attachment 1884126
Anyway, it’s a bit tight for my feet and unfortunately they don’t make a bigger size than what I got. EU46.

I’m trying to find the next closest thing and I think it comes down to 990 vs. m6405, at least for the upper. Soles can be changed so I’m less worried.

View attachment 1884127

I’m kind of tired of the 990 design and I like the m6405 design better. However, since they are unlined, the shape of the toe appears to be more slim compared to 990. I wish there was some hybrid model of the two with the upper design of m6405 but fully lined so that there is more volume on the toe area.

View attachment 1884128

As another option, you could look at the Trickers Robert in Cordovan?

BAK

Reaction score
So I fell in love with this shoes from officiate creative. View attachment 1884126

View attachment 1884127

View attachment 1884128
Not a lot of sizes left but M5410 at Leffot gets darn close to what you're after.
Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 9.08.02 AM.png

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same slacks, different outfit for a BD dinner with friends and family. Old Bronze gets the call.......

20230127_OldBronze1.jpg

And when you turn 65, they buy you really nice things.......

20230127_RareCask3.jpg
20230127_RareCask1.jpg
20230127_RareCask2.jpg

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
Quick question on sizing, anyone go down 1/2 size from Barrie to TB? I was surprised at the difference in volume from my TB boots when compared to my Barrie.

i take the same length as barrie but go down in width. im a c width though. half down D width on TB had facings touching all the way up the speed hooks. it looked weird and felt weirder. #skinnyanklegang

i know some retailers like SOP recommend TB half down from barrie tho. i tried it and it felt a little too short and still kinda wide but i may have just been in my head about it. i probably could have made it work tho but why compromise amirite?

i kinda felt the same way trying lhs van last. half down felt a little big everywhere (no laces though so theres that) and full size down still felt loose in the heel. im team tts on van now. feels like just the right amount of space everywhere and no heel slip with or without socks.

brunch shot! hope everyone has a nice weekend!

A9675B95-265D-412C-A50D-9878220129FD.jpeg

barutanseijin

Reaction score
i kinda felt the same way trying lhs van last. half down felt a little big everywhere (no laces though so theres that) and full size down still felt loose in the heel. im team tts on van now. feels like just the right amount of space everywhere and no heel slip with or without socks.

I’m a little confused by this. 1/2 size down and a whole size down from [Brannock? Barrie?] didn’t work so you went with 0 down in Van and there was no heel slip?

As for sizing down in TB, i take a C width instead of a D in TB. Same with Modified.

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
I’m a little confused by this. 1/2 size down and a whole size down from [Brannock? Barrie?] didn’t work so you went with 0 down in Van and there was no heel slip?

As for sizing down in TB, i take a C width instead of a D in TB. Same with Modified.

sorry yes that was confusing

brannock 9C
8.5D van still felt a little big everywhere
8D van still felt big in the heel
9C van feels good and thats what i take

i think im the same as you. i take TB and modified at 8.5C and barrie at 8.5D.

sorry for the confusion

rosenkruez

Reaction score
i take the same length as barrie but go down in width. im a c width though. half down D width on TB had facings touching all the way up the speed hooks. it looked weird and felt weirder. #skinnyanklegang

i know some retailers like SOP recommend TB half down from barrie tho. i tried it and it felt a little too short and still kinda wide but i may have just been in my head about it. i probably could have made it work tho but why compromise amirite?

brunch shot! hope everyone has a nice weekend!

View attachment 1884256
Is this unlined dover? Which retailer sells this makeup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads