• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
General recommendation is 1/2 down from brannock, so I would try the U.S. 11D. What last is the plain toe boot on?
Barrie Last

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My vote would be these Straight Tip Cap Toe Boots on Grant last from B&M. I absolutely love this make-up! The brass eyelets, reverse welt, and double Waterloc soles make these a striking boot. I always get compliments whenever I wear them.
I wonder how they got these to look so green in some of the photos, maybe that particular batch of loden was more green and less taupe, or clever lighting

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Morgan's under a desk
IMG_4003.JPG

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Harvard is unlined version of Boston and on C&J site it is noted to size down half size from Boston for Harvard. So in theory Harvard should be same size as LHS and you just confirmed that.

I haven’t tried Bostons. However, in my experience, the difference in fit between unlined and lined footwear has been negligible.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GGMac

Reaction score
Were these a special pre-order? I don't see on their website and absolutely love the Color 8 with brass hardware combo!
I’m guessing they were, given the back story, but had some stock as well. I didn’t pre-order and was fortunate they had a size that works for me in stock. I happened to see these come across their IG feed last week and called Sara. She gave me the story and @mdubs summarizes it below. They had a few sizes left as of a few days ago so you may give them a call.
Well, the long story short is that it is actually a run of Color #4 that got dyed by accident in the end with Color #8 finish - thus yielding a Color #8 aesthetic. In the end, it is probably one of the only times that you will see Color #8 on Brass and the new Antique Brass at that (post ~ 2014). The edge dressing is also the lighter edging which Alden does not pair with #8. Pictures to follow when I have some time to photograph them.

-Mike

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bit nervous with my sizing decision on my Indy boot purchase, especially now they are $689 retail.. I've decided to just go with the sizing advice from the Alden stores I've been to. They've always sized me at an 8E, which would be 7.5 E Indy they recommend. I'd tend to size up to Either 8E or 8EE. But oh well. Bugger part about shoes is I gotta walk around for a good amount of time, break them in, give them a couple months before I decide if they cause my any problems.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing they were, given the back story, but had some stock as well. I didn’t pre-order and was fortunate they had a size that works for me in stock. I happened to see these come across their IG feed last week and called Sara. She gave me the story and @mdubs summarizes it below. They had a few sizes left as of a few days ago so you may give them a call.
Which last are these on? And are they double Waterloc or Double Oak soles?

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how they got these to look so green in some of the photos, maybe that particular batch of loden was more green and less taupe, or clever lighting
They're a lovely shade of Loden. Would say it's less green than the Glenwood boots I got from Ealdwine, but this could also be due to the lighting.
PXL_20230414_223634306.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarcisoneto