• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
[…]

Sorry guys, not sure what happened there. Carry on.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals.

IMG_2409.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kobefan

Reaction score
Hi guys, need halp.

anyone know what the 379x last would be similar to ?

I usually use a 8.5 barrie

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need halp.

anyone know what the 379x last would be similar to ?

I usually use a 8.5 barrie

Same here on Barrie. 8.5D 379x is a perfect fit.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
anybody watch this? I own the exact same boot and although I do agree with a few things he says, I feel most of them are just way too much nitpicking.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody watch this? I own the exact same boot and although I do agree with a few things he says, I feel most of them are just way too much nitpicking.

Geez, this is really generating some heat.

He feels that for a high end price, Alden uses mid range materials and processes. He’s not wrong about that IMO, but then again, even abused they’ll last eons and can be rebuilt. As made plain on here and elsewhere, people who own them clearly love the fit and (generally) the finish.

I don’t own any pairs and would like to eventually but I believe I’d need the modified last which would mean a trip to NYC. Not in the cards for a loooong time.

smmrfld

Reaction score

I’ve had three pair of Indys at various times, and he’s not too far off the mark. Quality wasn’t very good on any of them. Never again.

Last edited:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don’t understand how this guy gets the traffic he does other than the gimmick of cutting something in half or being controversial. So hard to listen to for that long. But 99% of his critiques wouldn’t be there if he got a better fit. He bought way too big. Way. Too big. Foot sliding around, facings overlapping?? C’mon, be professional. Of course they’re going to wear badly being that big. It’s like he’s new to shoes. I feel his reviews are biased and unfair, and maybe he’s got an axe to grind.

schraiber

Reaction score
Am I crazy for believing it's totally reasonable to nitpick a 900 dollar pair of boots, especially QC and construction stuff? Like, it's fine to love the silhouette and pattern of an Indy boot and decide that you're fine paying what Alden's asking for that. But when you're paying big bucks, part of what you're paying for is details. So I think it's fine to criticize those details.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Am I crazy for believing it's totally reasonable to nitpick a 900 dollar pair of boots, especially QC and construction stuff? Like, it's fine to love the silhouette and pattern of an Indy boot and decide that you're fine paying what Alden's asking for that. But when you're paying big bucks, part of what you're paying for is details. So I think it's fine to criticize those details.

I think it is fine especially when its QC stuff. For example on my boots, the heels have also slightly come loose and there is some loose stitching on the vamp. My eyelets were also sharp and even gave me a small cut that I had to press/sand them down. The most extreme thing I have done in these boots is took them to Disneyland and walked in them for 10 plus miles. The things I felt he nit-picked were that the toe stiffener was too long, the fake welt, the heel pad, and loose ankles.
. IMG_7652.jpeg
IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7651.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads