• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Campfire say what?
Oh yah, picture me at 5 or 6, pretending I’m out in the woods; hey a fella needs to keep warm when those winter winds blow… Could’ve gotten away with it too if I’d only swept the (cold, what do you think I am?) ashes into a garbage can or outside instead of under the couch.
Never had a poker face when I needed one.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty chilly, rain and wind outside. Working around the house and staying warm. Meanwhile, giving the UV treatment to some vintage Florsheim shell I recently picked up. They are 33 years old and the patina is terrific. Older shell can just be wonderful.

IMG_2274.jpg

letsgofire

Reaction score
You can disregard Rose Anvil. They reviewed Common Projects and were widely blasted for multiple errors. People are free to debate what they like, but the ‘gotcha’ moments from these types of reviews are purely designed to get them clicks. So shame on me for contributing.

Click like on this post if you like Alden shoes!! :)

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming guys. Had to get my M2 on and go back in time to grab these 2011 Cigar Plaza Wings from LeatherSoul. Nice fresh NIB. I've been sizing Plaza same as Barrie but +1 in width (i.e. 8.5E) but have been thinking I could actually go Barrie for a while. When these became available, decided to take the risk. They're tight, but not uncomfortably so (at least not yet) but we'll see how they feel after a 10-hour day at the office.

20221004_CigarPlazaWings1.jpg
20221004_CigarPlazaWings2.jpg
20221004_CigarPlazaWings3.jpg

I like getting the Horween stamp but I really like getting the custom footpad. Also, these are light (or existing is dark, take your pick). Family shot of Cigar reveals the obvious difference. I like em all. Just different....

20221004_CigarPlazaWings4.jpg
20221004_CigarPlazaWings5.jpg

And because I am really trying to limit my increases, I have listed my Ravello WTB (Brassvello) from Yenni on the Bay. Signature contains the SF price.

EDIT: I have often said when you have Cigar that can be mistaken for Ravello, you've got a pretty nice shade of Cigar. Here's a shot next to my Ravello Tassels......

20221004_CigarPlazaWings6.jpg

Very pleased with these.........

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming guys. Had to get my M2 on and go back in time to grab these 2011 Cigar Plaza Wings from LeatherSoul. Nice fresh NIB. I've been sizing Plaza same as Barrie but +1 in width (i.e. 8.5E) but have been thinking I could actually go Barrie for a while. When these became available, decided to take the risk. They're tight, but not uncomfortably so (at least not yet) but we'll see how they feel after a 10-hour day at the office.

View attachment 1839701 View attachment 1839702 View attachment 1839703

I like getting the Horween stamp but I really like getting the custom footpad. Also, these are light (or existing is dark, take your pick). Family shot of Cigar reveals the obvious difference. I like em all. Just different....

View attachment 1839710 View attachment 1839711

And because I am really trying to limit my increases, I have listed my Ravello WTB (Brassvello) from Yenni on the Bay. Signature contains the SF price.

EDIT: I have often said when you have Cigar that can be mistaken for Ravello, you've got a pretty nice shade of Cigar. Here's a shot next to my Ravello Tassels......

View attachment 1839722

God dang, those are amazing. Those are infinitely better looking than the run of the mill cigar, not to mention being on a really nice boot pattern.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God dang, those are amazing. Those are infinitely better looking than the run of the mill cigar, not to mention being on a really nice boot pattern.

Thanks MD, I absolutely agree. I was really looking forward to getting these in hand and it turns out that they are even better than advertised.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

View attachment 1839701 View attachment 1839702 View attachment 1839703

View attachment 1839710 View attachment 1839711

View attachment 1839722

Absolutely stellar find Shawn! Those are great and an Alden classic! I hope that they work out for you! Yeah, the shades have shifted one shade darker across all of the Alden shell shades over the past 15 years. Not a bad thing, just a reality. Enjoy them in good health!

-Mike

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s very unusual because they typically do 7 eyelets on the Michigan boot pattern, not the navy high Blucher boot (which is the pattern they use for the vast majority of boots).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads