• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning 🌞 shoe guys
Inaugural run for these Brassvello jumpers from Yenni
DF99E3A2-7FDD-44C1-8342-192860871AED.jpeg
another boot that sat in my closet all summer waiting on the arrival of cooler temps

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang @savvysartorial, that’s a strong showing…….

Sorry for the delay! Styleforum was blocked at work where I usually respond to posts... Ugh. I upload photos via phone and then respond on a PC. Much easier for me.

It was a great week!

Sure is. Very dapper

Thank you! Back in the thick of things! Feels good to be all dressed to the nines.

Those are incredible. I am a sucker for cigar. Who made them up?
Also, I have the same tie - assuming it's the silver grenadine fina.

Thanks so much! Cigar is just a great shade. Model 9084, from Alden Madison (NY). Had them for a few years now I guess??? Can't believe it. One of my favorite shoe designs, too!

Yes, Fina tie correct! It's such a classic look.

Great stuff - as I do more and more in person meetings with people, it’s good to see folks wearing nice footwear (even stuff like ferragamo) over the allbirds. Keep holding the line

Yes - a first for me

Thank you!! Agreed 100%! I'm holding down the fort....

Sad to see even the big dogs/higher earners at work wearing cheap Chinese garbage. It's so uncomfortable,too!

I go out of my way to comment on someone's nice shoes if I see them. Sometimes I'll see an Allen Edmonds out in the wild but it's a rare bird to see Alden!

Just the other day I "accosted" a guy at Aldi wearing a brand spanking new pair of Indy boots. We ended up chatting for 20 minutes about shoes and such.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some rain moving in later, but I am ready in case it is early. A fine rain boot. Reverse chamois on wedge from B+M.

IMG_2263.jpg

Louishere

Reaction score
Hi all! I just received a BNIB pair of 403's, but one of the boots has huge lines/creases in the leather. The lines seem slightly raised, so I don't think it's something that would come out with brushing. Is this normal for a pair of Factory 1sts? I think I'm going to return them and try to get a new pair, but just wondering if this is a common/natural occurrence. Thanks for any input!

403.jpg
403 - 4.jpg

403 - Model.jpg

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I just received a BNIB pair of 403's, but one of the boots has huge lines/creases in the leather. The lines seem slightly raised, so I don't think it's something that would come out with brushing. Is this normal for a pair of Factory 1sts? I think I'm going to return them and try to get a new pair, but just wondering if this is a common/natural occurrence. Thanks for any input!

View attachment 1838412 View attachment 1838413
View attachment 1838418
I would keep ‘em, looks like they survived a wildcat attack!

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1838418

Everyone will have a different opinion on what’s normal or expected for firsts, but if you’re not happy with them there’s no reason to keep them. I’d say that given the placement I doubt it would bother me as leather is a natural product and imperfections are expected.

But 403s are a dime a dozen so get another pair.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone will have a different opinion on what’s normal or expected for firsts, but if you’re not happy with them there’s no reason to keep them. I’d say that given the placement I doubt it would bother me as leather is a natural product and imperfections are expected.

But 403s are a dime a dozen so get another pair.

+1. They are easily replaced if they bother you.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1838418
Ouch, I would not keep them. They should have been seconds, IMO. I also don't like the ending of the 270 degree welt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads