• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The #8 LWB is classic, but today I went with black. Hard to distinguish sometimes with variable light and monitors. The tele and amp were dead on.
Now I see it, you couldn’t be more right about the light (intense sun glare). Not enough can be said about the classic appearance of the main catalogue line especially the black LWB. Have you gotten your boots back yet? I think I’ll finally have a chance to get down to that area next week for an appointment. Can swing in and stir the pot for you if need be.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
Loden Suede Indys came in from Ealdlwine today. Two coats of Nano Protector are dry now and I'm good to go. Very cool color. The brass eyelets and hooks really match the stitching nicely.

IMG_1521.JPG

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now I see it, you couldn’t be more right about the light (intense sun glare). Not enough can be said about the classic appearance of the main catalogue line especially the black LWB. Have you gotten your boots back yet? I think I’ll finally have a chance to get down to that area next week for an appointment. Can swing in and stir the pot for you if need be.

No, I don’t have them out of the shop yet. I have seen that he found the other boot and he promised to mail them 3 weeks ago but, per usual, did not do so. @joeschmoe said he would pick them up this week and I hope that happens, but we are all busy, so fingers crossed. I’m really afraid the landlord will lock the doors on the guy and the boots will be lost forever.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I don’t have them out of the shop yet. I have seen that he found the other boot and he promised to mail them 3 weeks ago but, per usual, did not do so. @joeschmoe said he would pick them up this week and I hope that happens, but we are all busy, so fingers crossed. I’m really afraid the landlord will lock the doors on the guy and the boots will be lost forever.
Guy sounds like a real chooch. Not Joe Schmoe, the other guy.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Three of my favorite things are color 8 Alden wingtips, a butterscotch Tele and Fender tweed!
OMG Butterscotch Tele and tweed amp......got both in my basement room.....selling the tweed however, as just don't need the volume any more, just use my little Vox .....

Jimmy R

Reaction score
OMG Butterscotch Tele and tweed amp......got both in my basement room.....selling the tweed however, as just don't need the volume any more, just use my little Vox .....

Deluxe? Twin? You could always pick up a tweed Champ.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you take your Brannock or half-size down in Plaza?

Brannock. I think Plaza fits true to size, same as Grant and Hampton, among others. I size down 1/2 in Trubalance. I size down 1/2 in Aberdeen, but up to E in width for loafers. The shorter length helps me prevent heel slippage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads