• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage. AoM Ravello tassels……..

7CE3988C-264C-4ABD-B0EB-9A67D103706B.jpeg
1F46F754-8AED-4EB9-A899-46529ED5FBE2.jpeg
A179FB54-5BF5-48D7-B661-9D6050476F77.jpeg
4C2B2074-DFCB-4DFB-80B8-74216F60ED5E.jpeg

Happy Friday-eve Gents!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a green, green Friday forum pals. Have a happy 4th.

IMG_1907.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Having a 4 day work week makes every Thursday a Friday for me, so I didn’t even blink.
Since the pandemic and vacation reserve hitting the limit I haven’t worked but a handful of fridays in the past couple years.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
m Yenni (always just so cool to deal with). The mod on the Brassvello's we're done by Bedo's and while I've only had a couple of mod's done by him, he is really good. Just so happens he made a video of the work on these and I learned quite a bit (as well as gaining additional appreciation for what goes into making welted footwear). Well, enough

Shawn, those new to you, Brassvello Gunboats are looking just exquisite! Awesome to have the video that goes with it to complete the story. Looking great in them!

I got my first pair of new Aldens today. I have yet to try them on yet, but here’s to hoping the size/last works for me.

View attachment 1807204 View attachment 1807205 View attachment 1807206 View attachment 1807207 View attachment 1807208

Dash, those Suedes are looking simply marvelous as only Mack could do! Enjoy them in good health!

Jeff, those just look flat out sharp. Looking great and thanks for the inspiration to take mine out someday!!!

Shawn, happy Friday now! Those Ravello Tassels are just money and they look just superb on you!

A break in the monsoon brought the first clear morning in days; Ravello Daytrippers from AoDC in the sun…

View attachment 1808373

CoolHand, those are just phenomenal. A truly great and simple design paired with the majestic Ravello. Enjoy them today!!!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
PSA, if you are in the approximate 8-9 (D or E) range, Alden DC had a bunch of "I don't need them anymore" on their recent Ravello Daytripper run if anyone is looking to get them. Just thought that I would share! They also had a few pairs of their Cigar Shell Semi-Brogue Balmoral.

Have a great one,
Mike

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shawn, those new to you, Brassvello Gunboats are looking just exquisite! Awesome to have the video that goes with it to complete the story. Looking great in them!

Shawn, happy Friday now! Those Ravello Tassels are just money and they look just superb on you!

-Mike

Always enjoy reading your words of encouragement Mr. Mayor. Almost as much as I enjoy your write-ups on AoSD. Anxiously awaiting the write-up on those 'Brassvello' Perf Cap's you scored from Yenni :cool: !

PSA, if you are in the approximate 8-9 (D or E) range, Alden DC had a bunch of "I don't need them anymore" on their recent Ravello Daytripper run if anyone is looking to get them. Just thought that I would share! They also had a few pairs of their Cigar Shell Semi-Brogue Balmoral.

Have a great one,
Mike

Appreciate the heads-up. Since I've been in this game, I have been a firm believer in the old adage that there is no such thing as too much Ravello. However, I may have finally reached the tipping point. After much consternation, I decided not to torment myself by calling.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a great one,
Mike

I inquired last month to check on the next batch of these. How's the shade of ravello on these if you happen to know? I saw a recent ravello that looked like cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads