• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grooveK

Reaction score
Truebalance Tuesdays.

Attachments

• 20220524_093320.jpg
    20220524_093320.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 44

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Trying to get in a summer frame of mind. So went with no show socks that show. :blush:
View attachment 1795389
Sock failure aside, Ealdwine Corolla tassels are quickly becoming a favorite. This model would also be great in black shell.

I think Brogue's got you covered.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it to Alden of D.C. to inquire about these mythical rare shell lists I hear so much about, and…

View attachment 1795465
(Ravello Cap Toe on Grant and Commando)

Did they just have these on hand for you? We’re you on a list?

I want to grab a pair of Ravello Indy’s Or LWBs or some Cigar Shells but am coming up empty in my pursuit…

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it to Alden of D.C. to inquire about these mythical rare shell lists I hear so much about, and…

View attachment 1795465
(Ravello Cap Toe on Grant and Commando)

I know they sometimes have overstock from their orders - people back out or extra sizes that they weren't expecting. Are these the size 12s that were on the shelf for a while? Great color.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Did they just have these on hand for you? We’re you on a list?

I want to grab a pair of Ravello Indy’s Or LWBs or some Cigar Shells but am coming up empty in my pursuit…
Total serendipity! The purpose of my visit was to actually see if they even had a “list” - much less if they would entertain putting me on it - and I just happened to get (very, IMO) lucky…

I know they sometimes have overstock from their orders - people back out or extra sizes that they weren't expecting. Are these the size 12s that were on the shelf for a while? Great color.
Thanks - and you nailed it! Totally lucked into these, and in my most coveted Alden shell color!!

So glad I made the time to go back to the shop after repeatedly missing store hours due to work meetings… if you get the chance, you might as well swing by - you never know!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total serendipity! The purpose of my visit was to actually see if they even had a “list” - much less if they would entertain putting me on it - and I just happened to get (very, IMO) lucky…

Thanks - and you nailed it! Totally lucked into these, and in my most coveted Alden shell color!!

So glad I made the time to go back to the shop after repeatedly missing store hours due to work meetings… if you get the chance, you might as well swing by - you never know!

You did get lucky. A friend of mine from Seattle was going to come into town in the fall of 2020. He's a size 12 in some lasts and 12.5 in others. But, he never came b/c of COVID. Then he moved to Tampa, where he doesn't "need" any more boots. I haven't even made it into the store since then (and I'm local), although I think I've gotten two pairs from them in that timeframe - and one just before COVID struck. Brian is really accommodating and he runs a great shop.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
You did get lucky. A friend of mine from Seattle was going to come into town in the fall of 2020. He's a size 12 in some lasts and 12.5 in others. But, he never came b/c of COVID. Then he moved to Tampa, where he doesn't "need" any more boots. I haven't even made it into the store since then (and I'm local), although I think I've gotten two pairs from them in that timeframe - and one just before COVID struck. Brian is really accommodating and he runs a great shop.
Yeah, Brian definitely hooked me up with these - my first Alden rare shell! Love it when they make the hard to get stuff just as accessible to the newbs as the pros!

Being good people goes really far in the retail game…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads