• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoetree

Reaction score
6875B0EF-F9C5-4092-961A-4A42655B456B.jpeg

? TB jumpers x aom

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back ITO on this blustery Pittsburgh Wednesday and I honestly don’t believe I have a boot that dresses up better than these 10th Anny Cap’s from Leffot (yeah, I punt on using their given name). Aberdeen last, single leather soles, versatile perf cap design (that has the added benefit of creasing perfectly) and oh yeah, the best shade of shell available to man, Horween/Alden C8……..

496BBFF9-2B2A-483F-93A2-9212E709DBB9.jpeg
E78190AE-B886-4BF5-910B-3F3B5876F8E0.jpeg
41179FF6-BC5A-4237-AE47-43CF5EABAC29.jpeg

Even crappy pic’s can’t hide the beauty of these……..

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don, those Tan Suede LHSes are looking great. I find it really interesting that BB was the only one to do Shell Unlined and essentially the only one to do Suede Lined. I hope that they took great care of you!

Daniel, those Color #8 Jumpers from JCrew are looking just great. You got an awesome fade on those! Sweet Denim to dude!

Johnnie, those are looking truly great and I would have never guessed them to be 20 years old! The power of a decently cared for Shell Cordovan upper and well made shoe!

AuDog, those Cap Toe Boots are looking great. The material adds a nice complexity to the simple pattern. Glad that you got to take it easy on a frigid day!!

Mghart, my man! Those are truly awesome! Such a great and classic model! You will have to hit me up when you are back here and we can enjoy each other's LHSes... Cheers!

Savvy, those Wingtips are great and it would be totally rad if we could get a fresh make of them! Looks like a Wingtip Balmoral and Atom had a baby... :)

EC, I am really glad that you nailed the fit! That is awesome, but I am sorry to hear how you are feeling about the quality. Think about if you can tolerate those flaws. They will get less obvious with time and wears, but that is totally up to you!

-Mike

Completely agree!! I wish we could get them made!!

Galileo, you are looking great in those Chukkas. They have a nice balance of ruggedness and refinement to them!

DonL, you are killing it in those #8 NST Boots. Those Trousers are a great compliment with them as well!

Ugh, glad that you had something pleasing to look at while your dentist worked on you! Those are a great model and you are wearing them very well!

Shawn, those are looking truly remarkable my friend! Great design right there. I really do not think that Alden will do a Wingtip Boot on the Neocork if I know anything about Alden. All new designs get reviewed by Artie, the owner of Alden, and he really is trying to keep the brand to a certain aesthetic. I think that a formal design like the WT pattern and the absolute casualness of the Neocork wouldn't get through him. I say this partially based upon designs that I know that he has turned down in the past.

Johnnie, so clean looking. Those are grreat and a classic. Look forward to seeing them in 10 years! Wear them in good health!

AuDog, you are looking great in your Pumpkins! Those have a great glow to them!

ProfilaBinding, those Plain Toe Boots are looking great on you! I hope that you wore them in good health!

AuDog, looking great in your evening CXLs! Those are a great boot, an interesting combination of a casual material with a formal design.

I wouldn't be questioning those, those look just superb and you are wearing them really well. Thats a great makeup!

As you found, they will do it with other lasts, but I think you will be hard pressed to find it or get it done on a more formal design. Artie is very protective of the Alden brand and corresponding aesthetic.

GGMac, those Snuff Slip Ons are looking great! Funny, as I swore those were Chelsea Boots for a minute, I had to figure out what they were because Alden doesn't do Chelseas!!!! Things ALWAYS seem to go faster than you would expect! :cool:

Savvy, two dang awesome outfits and shoes! I love the nice sweater along with the dress shirt and tie. That is one of my favorite combinations to go along with and I have a lot of Cashmere Sweaters that I miss wearing right now! My favorite has to be those #8 Tassels with the Blackwatch. Such a rad combo.

-Mike

A dress shirt and sweater in the cold weather is so classic (and warm!) to boot! Color 8 and Blackwatch to keep it snazzy!

M-Guy, those #8 Dr. Jones are looking absolutely superb on you! Hard to beat that model and a great pairing as always with lovely denim!

Johnnie, both options are a win to me! I think that you can't go wrong! I am a huge fan of the Flat Waxed laces, but I know I am of a growing minority in that department here...

Those Snuff Tankers are looking absolutely superb on you! Such a classic and great looking boot!

Doc, those Ravello Gunboats are looking just amazing! Great looking shoes and you are wearing them exceptionally well!

Savvy, those are two great Color #8 models and are a great demonstration of the versatility of the model! It is nice to see you rocking a more casual model occasionally! :)

V, those Choco Suede Tankers are one of the must get and you are 100% showing why. Those are so great and look great with your peachy jeans!

Squizzy, those Alpine Grain MCT Bluchers are looking great on you and you are looking stylish and warm in your overall ensemble today!!!

-Mike

Can't always dress up everywhere I go :bigstar:;)

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back ITO on this blustery Pittsburgh Wednesday and I honestly don’t believe I have a boot that dresses up better than these 10th Anny Cap’s from Leffot (yeah, I punt on using their given name). Aberdeen last, single leather soles, versatile perf cap design (that has the added benefit of creasing perfectly) and oh yeah, the best shade of shell available to man, Horween/Alden C8……..

View attachment 1743710 View attachment 1743711 View attachment 1743712

I had no idea Alden made a cap like these on a boot. I LOVE the pinking versus the AE cap of just straight stitch.

Classy!!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Cleaned these up yesterday. Ravello c. 2012.

View attachment 1743282

DJ, those old Ravello Boots are looking truly remarkable! Those are just beautiful.

Well, I made it 24 days without buying any shoes this year. These popped on Leffot preowned, though, and 10eee is rare.
View attachment 1743365

HaHa, congratulations, those boots are truly great and glad that you were able to get your perfect fit!!!

I wore these for Mother’s Day in both 2013 and 2021. They had their first Alden refurb in Feb. of 2019. My guess is that I’ve had them for close to 20 years.

Say hello to an old friend of mine. (….don’t say anything but he’s had a little work done. ?)

Today… Jan. 2022
View attachment 1743445

Dec. 2018
View attachment 1743446

Feb. 2019
View attachment 1743447

Johnnie, those LHSes are looking truly superb on you and an amazing testament to how well these remarkable shoes can stand the test of time, if cared for!

Don, those are just truly classic Don Boots! You are wearing them exceptionally well!

ShoeTree, your King Jumpers are looking truly remarkable!!! Hope that you had a great day!

View attachment 1743710 View attachment 1743711 View attachment 1743712

Shawn, those Leffot Anniversary Boots are looking truly great! A nice model and a lovely take on the Last.

Good Morning James, and those Black Shell Tankers are looking truly superb! Such a lovely design and a great interpretation of that design!!!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads