• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out and about for some errands today, and decided to keep running the Dr. Jones boots. Also figured I'd wear the Gustin Okayamas for a while and let the Raleigh Denim pair rest.
ai2clev.jpg

They will not do Color #8 with Brass, but note that the Brass in on the Black Shell panel... ;-)

-Mike
Clever...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Continuing my successful downsizing project by completing the boomerang on a transaction with @ironclad. Deets are unimportant to the question but PayPal just charged me a fee for sending funds via F&F. Amount was financially insignificant but I’ve never had this happen. Anyone aware of a change in PayPal policy on F&F?

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shawn,
That’s pretty damn weird! Never heard of that, though to be honest it’s my wife’s PP account and I don’t know much about PP in general.

I know, I know, “Stay off my lawn you young whippersnappers!”

Hit me via PM if you need me to do anything on this end.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Continuing my successful downsizing project by completing the boomerang on a transaction with @ironclad. Deets are unimportant to the question but PayPal just charged me a fee for sending funds via F&F. Amount was financially insignificant but I’ve never had this happen. Anyone aware of a change in PayPal policy on F&F?

That’s strange for sure. Are you certain you paid f&f? The only other possibility which I feel I’ve seen is an international transaction / conversion fee. Is he in the USA?

Edit- looks like he’s in Virginia. So I can’t imagine why you would be hit with a fee. I took two f&f payments today and neither were charged a fee.

grooveK

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

i vaguely remember there being a fee if you use a credit card and not a deduction from your checking account, even if it is f&f. perhaps that was the reason?

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i vaguely remember there being a fee if you use a credit card and not a deduction from your checking account, even if it is f&f. perhaps that was the reason?

That does sound familiar now that you mention it.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

His wife may have it set up as a business account and not a personal PayPal

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shawn,
That’s pretty damn weird! Never heard of that, though to be honest it’s my wife’s PP account and I don’t know much about PP in general.

I know, I know, “Stay off my lawn you young whippersnappers!”

Hit me via PM if you need me to do anything on this end.

Ha! Appreciate the offer IC but it was only $9. Absolutely no worries. At the time I just figured it was a new 2022 PayPal policy/fee. Glad to know I can correct my own mistake. Always great doing business with you. Looking forward to the Dr’s coming home.

That does sound familiar now that you mention it.

This is it. My debit card was compromised not too long and I made the change to the replacement card. Thought it was strange the PayPal seemed to emphasize that my checking account was no longer linked but with everything going on around having a card compromised, I chalked it up to semantics.Looking back, this is definitely it. Will fix it on my end. Thanks guys.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha! Appreciate the offer IC but it was only $9. Absolutely no worries. At the time I just figured it was a new 2022 PayPal policy/fee. Glad to know I can correct my own mistake. Always great doing business with you. Looking forward to the Dr’s coming home.

This is it. My debit card was compromised not too long and I made the change to the replacement card. Thought it was strange the PayPal seemed to emphasize that my checking account was no longer linked but with everything going on around having a card compromised, I chalked it up to semantics.Looking back, this is definitely it. Will fix it on my end. Thanks guys.
Had a PP transaction recently which was F&F, no fees, had another w/o F&F fees charged.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads