• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Green screen effect today. Rest In Peace, Jim. Our first email exchange was about the calf version of this Phoenix boot.
B56F64A6-9A7E-4B8D-93CE-568172EF91B7.jpeg

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends. Wanted to post some info about our friend Jim’s upcoming funeral for those that have not seen it.
Matt
Jim’s funeral service:
Tuesday January 18th at 11am
@ St Bernadette Catholic Church
1005 Wilbon Rd
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526

Condolences, Flowers, Gifts, and Wishes can be sent to the church or Roxanne Pietryka’s address:
4327 Farm Brook Drive
Cary NC 27518

Obituary Link:
https://www.thomasfuneral.com/obituaries/James-Mitchell-Pietryka?obId=23648822#/obituaryInfo

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some classic shell models and a modern Loden on Modified for my day off yesterday.

2FADD6D8-4F23-4BA6-B5DE-FCBE9A203FFA.jpeg
6AE87332-06D6-4F99-A956-D958B191C2CD.jpeg
7A3416E5-6FD9-40E6-90FC-5680A627009B.jpeg
1B0E7B2E-6E5B-4E3C-8750-06AC1CCECC86.jpeg
58B3DC18-EF5C-4D88-AC4B-7CF0BFC190D9.jpeg
B13AC066-A474-435C-A894-EE7A7783011A.jpeg
1DBE7509-49D8-4E8A-A6A0-E5E4A548F893.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic first-world problem but the type of stuff I occasionally spend way too much thought on. Nothing special from a maintenance standpoint, brush, wipe, and brush. But the laces on these were close to perfect for these boots. Just too long. Went through my bag of boot laces and narrowed it down to these two. Laces on the left boot are a close match to what was in them. Shorter but just a hair thinner (way too picayune about this). Braided lace on the right boot is a completely different vibe. Makes the boot a bit more casual, which was the original intent.

Will look at this pic off and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
C546B844-66E7-4D26-945C-3F75BC146A74.jpeg

Last edited:

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Classic first-world problem but the type of stuff I occasionally spend way too much thought on. Nothing special from a maintenance standpoint, brush, wipe, and brush. But the laces on these were close to perfect for these boots. Just too long. Went through my bag of boot laces and narrowed it down to these two. Laces on the left boot are a close match to what was in them. Shorter but just a hair thinner (way too picayune about this). Braided lace on the right boot is a completely different vibe. Makes the boot a bit more casual, which was the original intent.

Will look at this pic of and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
View attachment 1737329
The good news is that you can’t make a bad decision here. Enjoy the process!

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Will look at this pic of and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
View attachment 1737329
The thinner one looks better and more like it belongs to that boot.

AJ1

Reaction score
I vote for thin as well. Where are they from? I've been trying to find something close to the AE thin boot lace since they stopped producing but cant seem to find anything. I know Guarded Goods has thin laces but would prefer 48 over 54.

View attachment 1737329

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will look at this pic off and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
View attachment 1737329
As we all know, I am a fan of the round braided lace. I must agree, the thinner lace looks better.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did it darken the boot at all? I'm thinking of putting some on a pair of roughout boots but don't want them to darken.
It will, I would avoid if you don't want them to darken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads