• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2022 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heads up. There is a pair of wingtip boots on leather sole, Barrie last in Country Calf in 9D. $225. Not my boots. Link. I mention them because this leather is no longer available.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 11.37.01 AM.png

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I keep a pair of Black Shell LWBs. They were a special order — because of my narrow size — and I waited nearly nine months for them. But they’ve been sitting in my closet for a couple months and I still haven’t worn them…

On one hand, I could sell them (although at a loss) and deposit the $ in the Alden shoe fund. Or wear them. Even if I’d likely reach for one of my other pairs most days.

Thoughts on this model? And should I think differently about black shell?

2D3FA984-5708-4A92-8191-F1A0CA2B95C1.jpeg

AHS

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I keep a pair of Black Shell LWBs. They were a special order — because of my narrow size — and I waited nearly nine months for them. But they’ve been sitting in my closet for a couple months and I still haven’t worn them…

On one hand, I could sell them (although at a loss) and deposit the $ in the Alden shoe fund. Or wear them. Even if I’d likely reach for one of my other pairs most days.

View attachment 1745220

AHS
Those are gorgeous! I would keep them. They're very versatile. I think once you start wearing them, you'll really like them and you'll reach for them more and more.

barutanseijin

Reaction score

View attachment 1745220

AHS
Black shell LWBs are probably my most worn shoes. I typically wear them 2x a week. But that’s me dressing in my outfits, going to my job in NYC. They probably wouldn’t get so much wear if i were to move to Hawai’i.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1745220

AHS
Those are gorgeous! I would keep them. They're very versatile. I think once you start wearing them, you'll really like them and you'll reach for them more and more.
Definitely keepers! I’m trying to convince Leffot to run my grail again. Black shell cordovan LWB, with a blood red lining. So sexy. Lol!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Alden collection. Started with the cxl indy then went down the rabbit hole. Think I've finally reached the point where I don't want any more, but can never be sure

View attachment 1745262
You’re just getting warmed up. That photo is the “Alden Starter Kit”. Lbvs!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1745220

AHS
Keep them, black shell is just so cool, wear with a suit or jeans......and they are NOT going to go down in price if have to ever replace them........

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Alden collection. Started with the cxl indy then went down the rabbit hole. Think I've finally reached the point where I don't want any more, but can never be sure

View attachment 1745262
I missed that memo.....there is a point where one can stop?????

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truketodiet