• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2022 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends. Wanted to post some info about our friend Jim’s upcoming funeral for those that have not seen it.
Matt
Jim’s funeral service:
Tuesday January 18th at 11am
@ St Bernadette Catholic Church
1005 Wilbon Rd
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526

Condolences, Flowers, Gifts, and Wishes can be sent to the church or Roxanne Pietryka’s address:
4327 Farm Brook Drive
Cary NC 27518

Obituary Link:
https://www.thomasfuneral.com/obituaries/James-Mitchell-Pietryka?obId=23648822#/obituaryInfo

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some classic shell models and a modern Loden on Modified for my day off yesterday.

2FADD6D8-4F23-4BA6-B5DE-FCBE9A203FFA.jpeg
6AE87332-06D6-4F99-A956-D958B191C2CD.jpeg
7A3416E5-6FD9-40E6-90FC-5680A627009B.jpeg
1B0E7B2E-6E5B-4E3C-8750-06AC1CCECC86.jpeg
58B3DC18-EF5C-4D88-AC4B-7CF0BFC190D9.jpeg
B13AC066-A474-435C-A894-EE7A7783011A.jpeg
1DBE7509-49D8-4E8A-A6A0-E5E4A548F893.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic first-world problem but the type of stuff I occasionally spend way too much thought on. Nothing special from a maintenance standpoint, brush, wipe, and brush. But the laces on these were close to perfect for these boots. Just too long. Went through my bag of boot laces and narrowed it down to these two. Laces on the left boot are a close match to what was in them. Shorter but just a hair thinner (way too picayune about this). Braided lace on the right boot is a completely different vibe. Makes the boot a bit more casual, which was the original intent.

Will look at this pic off and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
C546B844-66E7-4D26-945C-3F75BC146A74.jpeg

Last edited:

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Classic first-world problem but the type of stuff I occasionally spend way too much thought on. Nothing special from a maintenance standpoint, brush, wipe, and brush. But the laces on these were close to perfect for these boots. Just too long. Went through my bag of boot laces and narrowed it down to these two. Laces on the left boot are a close match to what was in them. Shorter but just a hair thinner (way too picayune about this). Braided lace on the right boot is a completely different vibe. Makes the boot a bit more casual, which was the original intent.

Will look at this pic of and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
View attachment 1737329
The good news is that you can’t make a bad decision here. Enjoy the process!

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Will look at this pic of and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
View attachment 1737329
The thinner one looks better and more like it belongs to that boot.

AJ1

Reaction score
I vote for thin as well. Where are they from? I've been trying to find something close to the AE thin boot lace since they stopped producing but cant seem to find anything. I know Guarded Goods has thin laces but would prefer 48 over 54.

View attachment 1737329

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will look at this pic off and on for a bit and stretch a 30-second decision out a few hours. Hilarious.
View attachment 1737329
As we all know, I am a fan of the round braided lace. I must agree, the thinner lace looks better.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.