• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2022 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was actually her birthday, and I think the anniversary well wishes came from @mreams99 commenting that it was his anniversary. Wires crossed, but no harm at all. Now, the answer to the burning question is I have been married 44 years. Yes, I am the victim of being a child groom married off by gypsy parents after losing an election bet. And, yes, the meal was quite good.

37 yrs here....shouldn't have done that first marriage thing, wasted a good 10 yrs on her....BUt if I read her obituary tomorrow, I'd say....Hey, how about the Cubs,think they got a chance this year?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This year’s Birthday gift to myself. I’m not sure what colour this is, so I defer to the brain trust of this forum. I was so frantic, I took photos as soon as I ripped them from the box. Lol! No clean up. I definitely got lucky on this acquisition.

77315926-638A-47BF-9CAE-70E6C77D04FA.jpeg
CAD4A1B6-6893-4DC6-8A44-0B4660497E75.jpeg
E141D91A-7BA3-400F-AD64-5FBA220EB5E2.jpeg

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This year’s Birthday gift to myself. I’m not sure what colour this is, so I defer to the brain trust of this forum. I was so frantic, I took photos as soon as I ripped them from the box. Lol! No clean up. I definitely got lucky on this acquisition.

View attachment 1822027 View attachment 1822028 View attachment 1822029
I have checked several sources and find them being called both Mahogany and Ravello. I guess you get to choose their color. Great looking pair.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have checked several sources and find them being called both Mahogany and Ravello. I guess you get to choose their color. Great looking pair.
Thank you Sir! That’s what my research discovered too. I’m happy with whichever they are. This pair is suitable consolation for not getting hold of any Colour 4. Lbvs!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow TC. That is a really unique color. Man, you really hit the rare bird lottery with those. Very nice.
Thank you Shawn. I definitely see the allure of the Alden LHS now, especially in shell cordovan. No one does the penny loafer better!

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneoBogan