• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Returned home yesterday from a week in Tampa with my oldest and his family and while it is always tough leaving him, always, it's gotten easier over time knowing that he is in good hands. Great wife and two challenging but great kids. The blow of leaving is softened a little by coming home to a couple of new editions (you know, as I continue to downsize). Grabbed a pair of Ravello wings, modified to Brassvello style, from @vnguyen_md and took delivery on some Black shell Indy's from Yenni (always just so cool to deal with). The mod on the Brassvello's we're done by Bedo's and while I've only had a couple of mod's done by him, he is really good. Just so happens he made a video of the work on these and I learned quite a bit (as well as gaining additional appreciation for what goes into making welted footwear). Well, enough yapping, here's a couple of shots.......

20220626_Brassvello2.jpg
20220626_Brassvello4.jpg
20220626_Brassvello3.jpg
20220626_BrassvelloBlackIndy1.jpg
20220626_BrassvelloBlackIndy2.jpg

And lastly, just for kicks, here's an on-feet shot as I break them in and stretch them a little with some Footmatters Shoe Stretcher while wearing boot socks and praying that I don't run into anyone I know at the Post Office........

20220626_Brassvello5.jpg

My friends insist I'm high-yella, but after a week of Tampa sun those legs looks chocolate to me. Still skinny as heck but can't have everything.

Happy Sunday Gents!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I just moved to LA, and I was wondering what happened to this spot? I almost went because I heard a lot but then seen some stuff about him just up and disappearing on his instagram and google. I went to revive shoe repair in east LA instead but wasn't this the same guy making like really expensive shoes too? or am I mistaken?

Yes, this shop also made custom boots and shoes that were not cheap. I don’t know what happened, but it was not good. As for my pair, he promised to mail them to be the following day and this did not happen. Still radio silence. I am hoping I can get my SF pal to drop by a second time and recover them.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Returned home yesterday from a week in Tampa with my oldest and his family and while it is always tough leaving him, always, it's gotten easier over time knowing that he is in good hands. Great wife and two challenging but great kids. The blow of leaving is softened a little by coming home to a couple of new editions (you know, as I continue to downsize). Grabbed a pair of Ravello wings, modified to Brassvello style, from @vnguyen_md and took delivery on some Black shell Indy's from Yenni (always just so cool to deal with). The mod on the Brassvello's we're done by Bedo's and while I've only had a couple of mod's done by him, he is really good. Just so happens he made a video of the work on these and I learned quite a bit (as well as gaining additional appreciation for what goes into making welted footwear). Well, enough yapping, here's a couple of shots.......

View attachment 1806907 View attachment 1806906 View attachment 1806905 View attachment 1806904 View attachment 1806903

And lastly, just for kicks, here's an on-feet shot as I break them in and stretch them a little with some Footmatters Shoe Stretcher while wearing boot socks and praying that I don't run into anyone I know at the Post Office........

View attachment 1806914

My friends insist I'm high-yella, but after a week of Tampa sun those legs looks chocolate to me. Still skinny as heck but can't have everything.

Happy Sunday Gents!
Glad you had a great time with oldest and his family! Wish my oldest were still with us (OD in 2004), but damn dude, the footwear is awesome!!!!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1806907 View attachment 1806906 View attachment 1806905 View attachment 1806904 View attachment 1806903

View attachment 1806914

Happy Sunday Gents!

Congrats on the LWB pickup. But damn, I am shocked that the good doctor let those go after getting a pair and then modifications from Bedos.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it when one comes out of the gate strong with the first pair. Congrats on a great pickup. Hope they fit!

They fit decently well after I relearned how to lace a pair of 5 eyelet shoes. I think ideally I’d maybe want an 8.25E, but I’d be afraid that the 8E would be too narrow. The 8.5E should ultimately work out well enough for me. The Plaza last is infinitely more comfortable than the Aberdeen last though. They have just enough additional width.

The flat waxed laces that came with them are incredibly sticky and were a bit of a pain to lace, haha.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Thanks to instagram I realized what my next Alden purchase is. Somewhere there exists rare shell makeups of the George boot. I didn’t realize how amazing such a simple boot could look. Any other real world pictures of these out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads