• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barto78

Reaction score
Not to threadjack but is there an official Crockett & Jones thread? I'm thinking of picking up a pair and would like to get some sizing information/recommendations before i purchase.

Thinking of purchasing these FWIW:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to threadjack but is there an official Crockett & Jones thread? I'm thinking of picking up a pair and would like to get some sizing information/recommendations before i purchase.

Thinking of purchasing these FWIW:

A couple comments. I find dainite to be dangerous on some floors - basically any solid floor other than cement/concrete is slippery for me. I have two pairs of shoes with dainite and am slow to, but soon changing them for different soles. What is the stitching on the upper just above the welt? Is it merely decretive?

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello longwings on a blazing hot day in Minnesota. Happy Friday-eve fellas!
20220623_074614.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220625_073738.jpg

Fade progress

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Barrie last in 10D. Some vintage shoes fit great in 11.5C. Should I try a Barrie 11C? Thanks for your opinion.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well things are possibly looking up! I finally received a text message from the owner at Willie's shoe service and he found the second boot and they are now a pair again. I saw the boot in the video and no work has been done on them, but he said he would stick them in the mail tomorrow. Not that I really believe him, but at least they are a pair again and there is now a chance that I will get them back after their 6 month trip to the west coast. Fingers crossed.

So I just moved to LA, and I was wondering what happened to this spot? I almost went because I heard a lot but then seen some stuff about him just up and disappearing on his instagram and google. I went to revive shoe repair in east LA instead but wasn't this the same guy making like really expensive shoes too? or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads