• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2022 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Trying to get in a summer frame of mind. So went with no show socks that show. :blush:
View attachment 1795389
Sock failure aside, Ealdwine Corolla tassels are quickly becoming a favorite. This model would also be great in black shell.
I think Brogue's got you covered.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it to Alden of D.C. to inquire about these mythical rare shell lists I hear so much about, and…

View attachment 1795465
(Ravello Cap Toe on Grant and Commando)
Did they just have these on hand for you? We’re you on a list?

I want to grab a pair of Ravello Indy’s Or LWBs or some Cigar Shells but am coming up empty in my pursuit…

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it to Alden of D.C. to inquire about these mythical rare shell lists I hear so much about, and…

View attachment 1795465
(Ravello Cap Toe on Grant and Commando)
I know they sometimes have overstock from their orders - people back out or extra sizes that they weren't expecting. Are these the size 12s that were on the shelf for a while? Great color.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Did they just have these on hand for you? We’re you on a list?

I want to grab a pair of Ravello Indy’s Or LWBs or some Cigar Shells but am coming up empty in my pursuit…
Total serendipity! The purpose of my visit was to actually see if they even had a “list” - much less if they would entertain putting me on it - and I just happened to get (very, IMO) lucky…

I know they sometimes have overstock from their orders - people back out or extra sizes that they weren't expecting. Are these the size 12s that were on the shelf for a while? Great color.
Thanks - and you nailed it! Totally lucked into these, and in my most coveted Alden shell color!!

So glad I made the time to go back to the shop after repeatedly missing store hours due to work meetings… if you get the chance, you might as well swing by - you never know!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total serendipity! The purpose of my visit was to actually see if they even had a “list” - much less if they would entertain putting me on it - and I just happened to get (very, IMO) lucky…

Thanks - and you nailed it! Totally lucked into these, and in my most coveted Alden shell color!!

So glad I made the time to go back to the shop after repeatedly missing store hours due to work meetings… if you get the chance, you might as well swing by - you never know!
You did get lucky. A friend of mine from Seattle was going to come into town in the fall of 2020. He's a size 12 in some lasts and 12.5 in others. But, he never came b/c of COVID. Then he moved to Tampa, where he doesn't "need" any more boots. I haven't even made it into the store since then (and I'm local), although I think I've gotten two pairs from them in that timeframe - and one just before COVID struck. Brian is really accommodating and he runs a great shop.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
You did get lucky. A friend of mine from Seattle was going to come into town in the fall of 2020. He's a size 12 in some lasts and 12.5 in others. But, he never came b/c of COVID. Then he moved to Tampa, where he doesn't "need" any more boots. I haven't even made it into the store since then (and I'm local), although I think I've gotten two pairs from them in that timeframe - and one just before COVID struck. Brian is really accommodating and he runs a great shop.
Yeah, Brian definitely hooked me up with these - my first Alden rare shell! Love it when they make the hard to get stuff just as accessible to the newbs as the pros!

Being good people goes really far in the retail game…

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.