• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Poking my head up again as I don’t get to SF much these days but a work dinner tomorrow means I get to wear some fancy shoes. Decided to with my Leffot 10th Anny ****ey boot. As with much of my shell, these had a bunch of bloom but cleaned up masterfully with a simple wipe and brush. First shot is after wiping/brushing the boot on the right. Second shot is once complete and third is with laces back in……..

View attachment 1717081 View attachment 1717082 View attachment 1717083
My exotics look great on the rack but every time I reach for something, it’s good ole color 8.

Edit: this is really strange but when I spell out the name of the boot my browser replaces the Coo with ***. As a Black man I think I see what they’re trying to guard against so I appreciate the thought but wow.

I’m with you on the color 8 question. I prefer it to other shell colors. However, it is nice to have some variety once in a while.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday.
B9189BC5-4BAA-446F-924B-E457B313F45C.jpeg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the current issue of Esquire? Keanu Reeves is shown wearing Aldens. Looks like shell cordovan plain toe boots:

View attachment 1717199 View attachment 1717200
Off-topic, personally, I think Keanu Reeves is overrated. I haven’t seen a film where his performance blows me away. He’s great at selecting his films tho. Devil’s Advocate was a good film.

DG123

Reaction score
Off-topic, personally, I think Keanu Reeves is overrated. I haven’t seen a film where his performance blows me away. He’s great at selecting his films tho. Devil’s Advocate was a good film.

Have you watched "Destination Wedding"?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In what way is he overrated? He is famous for his action films. Not so much his acting skills.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, friends—it’s been over a year since I posted on the forum. I haven’t acquired any new footwear besides running shoes in that time. When I think of this group I think of @audog, @smfdoc (remember when you starting buying boots?), @Misterg12 (recently referenced your ravello glaze fix), and others. Of course, my heart weighs heavy when I think of our friend, Jim @jpm1 and his current challenge with cancer. He is as good as it gets.
8474566B-233B-4F09-ABF8-8A722A78F740.jpeg

Attachments

• F582C705-41C8-43F8-992D-75296A06729D.jpeg
    F582C705-41C8-43F8-992D-75296A06729D.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 26

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, friends—it’s been over a year since I posted on the forum. I haven’t acquired any new footwear besides running shoes in that time. When I think of this group I think of @audog, @smfdoc (remember when you starting buying boots?), @Misterg12 (recently referenced your ravello glaze fix), and others. Of course, my heart weighs heavy when I think of our friend, Jim @jpm1 and his current challenge with cancer. He is as good as it gets. View attachment 1717512
Good seeing you brother!!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello, friends—it’s been over a year since I posted on the forum. I haven’t acquired any new footwear besides running shoes in that time. When I think of this group I think of @audog, @smfdoc (remember when you starting buying boots?), @Misterg12 (recently referenced your ravello glaze fix), and others. Of course, my heart weighs heavy when I think of our friend, Jim @jpm1 and his current challenge with cancer. He is as good as it gets. View attachment 1717512
Welcome back, some great boots there!

EndlessMike

Reaction score
There's probably a good reason SOP named a special makeup the Wick boot!

Will the Wick be the new Indy? Not likely, but time will tell.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you watched "Destination Wedding"?
No, is it a good film?

In what way is he overrated? He is famous for his action films. Not so much his acting skills.
He has a good following and I’ve met people who are really into Keanu Reeves as an actor. He has good PR for sure, I’ve come across several videos or interviews that try to mystify the man.
There is even a website of him with the domain ‘keanuisimmortal’, **** if that’s not hyping up a man idk what is.

im sure if you google his name or ‘who is Keanu reeves’ and keep scrolling and read the titles, you’ll get the gist of initial comment.

DG123

Reaction score
No, is it a good film?

"Destination Wedding" is different from any Keanu Reeve's movie I've seen. It's in Netflix inventory, or at least it was a few months ago, and I found it to be interesting, worthwhile viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads