• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna be a late night at the office. Trying to get stuff knocked out before I go on vacation this weekend. Still, can't miss Wingtip Wednesday! B&M Snuff Suede "Debonair" boots on my foot rest. Been standing all day at my desk, so now having a seat and resting my keister.
PXL_20211202_024343453.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A beautiful inaugural outing for some Tuesday cigar loafing and today's Savvy special for wingtip/Adelaide Wednesday in the Harvard wings.

All decked out today for an important meeting.

PXL_20211130_144054609.jpg
PXL_20211130_143543238.jpg
PXL_20211130_143537929.jpg
PXL_20211201_144420320.jpg
PXL_20211201_224659487.jpg
PXL_20211201_224709527.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gonna be a late night at the office. Trying to get stuff knocked out before I go on vacation this weekend. Still, can't miss Wingtip Wednesday! B&M Snuff Suede "Debonair" boots on my foot rest. Been standing all day at my desk, so now having a seat and resting my keister.
View attachment 1713338
Enjoy your vacation, wear Aldens!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I plan on bringing my B&M "Davis" Snuff Suede boots, but will need to probably bring some dress shoes since I got a nice dinner planned for one of the evenings. The rest will be flip-flops for the beach and sneakers for the pub crawls.
Davis boots ROCK, dress shoes may be needed, but flip-flops means beach and then all bets are off, go casual and you will still be the best shod of anyone there.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, so much awesome shell the past few pages. Congrats to all who scored new models !

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it‘s time to start machine stitching shell Indy’s again!

Agreed!! Seems like they had a solution in search of a problem before.

Would certainly fix the supply issue.

Interesting…. Was the price of your custom ones comparable to the stock versions?

I think it's $10 more per shirt to have the sleeves lengthened (which is what I need). You can do a full custom cut body but it's around double the price, I think.

:rotflmao:Funny.

I'm contemplating my own for the larger-footed shoe brethren. I'll follow Gold Dog's "priced-to-sell" strategy to move some inventory.

I forget what size you are, but I am listening :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perfect boots for Miami weather. These were obtained via @audog s recent Boot Tent Sale Event.

I swapped the laces with GG light brown ones, a perfect match against the welt color.

View attachment 1713534
The perfect Miami boot would be the 6 eyelet chukka's I have on the B/S/T thread. Give ya' a deal :)

oskrusa

Reaction score
The perfect Miami boot would be the 6 eyelet chukka's I have on the B/S/T thread. Give ya' a deal :)

Unfortunately, I still have not come around on how I feel about chukkas.
At one point, about 3 or 4 years ago, I owned 2 pairs but I let them go cuz I never reached out for them.
My mind and eyes don't see them as boots. I am squarely on the boot camp except when I need to wear suits.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I still have not come around on how I feel about chukkas.
At one point, about 3 or 4 years ago, I owned 2 pairs but I let them go cuz I never reached out for them.
My mind and eyes don't see them as boots. I am squarely on the boot camp except when I need to wear suits.
Understand, I don't reach for them either, maybe 2X a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads