• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanker / Indy? I've searched but I can't find a discussion on how these boots are different. Can you give me some points? Thanks and Happy TG.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Happy Thanksgiving wish to all my forum pals. Life is short. Enjoy the good times.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving! Alden Dark Brown Suede Chukkas.

Alden Dark Brown Suede Chukkas - 2021-11-25 - 2.jpg

Alden Dark Brown Suede Chukkas - 2021-11-25 - 1.jpg

Alden Dark Brown Suede Chukkas - 2021-11-25 - 3.jpg

-Mike

DG123

Reaction score
I posted about this model in BST as it was sold out everywhere in my size. Thanks @BAK for the assist and pointing me to LaRossa. They were sold out on the website but were receiving a shipment in a week. Shipped my order as soon as they processed it and got the delivery today. Some quick outside and inside pics to show the beautiful chameleon like nature of reverse earth. Please excuse the joggers. I intend to wear them hard and exclusively for all wet and snowy days and may even take them to the slopes. View attachment 1709292
View attachment 1709291

I like the way your pair is detailed. Specifically, the self colored and, or, antique eyelets/speed lace hooks. Your pair has Alden's NeoCork sole ?

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
My pair is this one from Alden Boston. It’s on commando and my first Indy with pull tabs. I’m not sure how I feel about pull tabs since haven’t worn them much. I haven’t seen any Indy chamois with neocork but Leffot has some on wedge and Todd Snyder has a few on crepe. I wanted commando since I intend to wear them for snowy days. I’ve also seen some chamois models with heavy lug which makes sense as a foul weather boots.

DG123

Reaction score
Tanker / Indy? I've searched but I can't find a discussion on how these boots are different. Can you give me some points? Thanks and Happy TG.

Usually the Tanker model is produced using Alden's Barrie last and the Indy boot is made using the TrueBalance last. Also, the Tanker has a Norweigian split toe upper pattern while the Indy boot does not have the split toe.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cs54

Reaction score
Many things to be thankful for and these Ravello LWB from Alden SF are definitely one of them! My first rare shell not purchased on the secondary market! Was told this was their last run as they have been instructed by Alden to mix up their rare shell make-ups.
View attachment 1709548
View attachment 1709549
View attachment 1709550
View attachment 1709551
View attachment 1709554
Congrats. Was that a waitlist thing? (Wondering if they have more in my size lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads