• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeliany

Reaction score
Little bit of rain in Seattle -
Almost stepped on these Koi while waiting for our table.
10C53078-525C-4234-9D53-41A31B887221.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Hunting Green Suede and Aberdeen, I'm wearing these today for my first time in the office in a few weeks. Grey tropical wool Panta trousers from the original run on SF and cotton Bresciani OTC socks.

View attachment 1646006

oh buddy! I love Aberdeen and tassels! That green suede is a real classic with those trousers/socks. Stepping out in style!

Quite a few of us had AE as a jump off point, and still have/wear AE

Yes, it's funny to see the transition. I remember looking at Alden as this far away land I would never reach. Now I'm here balls deep with an empty pocket and a full closet ;)

The hell savvy

A little car work! Who says a guy who wears fancy shoes can't get a bit dirty every once in a while! :p

Wow, what the hell happened, and I hope you are ok.

Was working on/removing some pieces from my steering system in my car. Busting loose bolts and greasing zerk fittings.

I don't have a garage so I was on my car creeper on my driveway just going to town. Had rust and grease all over my face as well. :lol: My hands are a bit sore, but not too worse for wear.

Leffot. I love them but unfortunately I'm not overly keen on how a barrie bal fits with my high instep so they're now on their way to a good friend of mine who is a SF regular. Shame but as they say fit is king

Wonderful. I understand about the Barrie bal. Honestly, even in boots I feel like Barrie isn't my favorite (blasphemy, I know). Just doesn't seem to grip tightly on foot anywhere.

After having been through a GIANT sizing debacle, fit is definitely KING.

?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doc, do you know if Alden makes some kind of plain toe blucher in this color leather?

They do. TSM has one such make-up here. There are probably a few other variations out there.

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 7.16.49 AM.png

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get well Savvy.. we’ve all been there. Happens

Shambles, Chip, shambles. A few too many drinks and you end up in the gutter :crackup:

mykii2704

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has feedback on Alden's shell belts? I know they are not made by Alden, and as such do not have their proprietary coatings, but what I want to know is whether there is a particular shell cordovan belt that rises above the rest in quality/construction? Or are they all basically the same?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hump day calf.

D078BFE9-BDAC-4A12-A73E-1326394BEA2B.jpeg

smmrfld

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has feedback on Alden's shell belts? I know they are not made by Alden, and as such do not have their proprietary coatings, but what I want to know is whether there is a particular shell cordovan belt that rises above the rest in quality/construction? Or are they all basically the same?
Just got a whiskey Alden-branded belt from TSM...outstanding quality IMO.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like TB in narrow width, most likely the 40538H from AoM.
DJ is correct. Madison’s variant on the TB in a B width.

-Mike

Never in a million years would I thought TB would look, dare I say, 'sleek'? The B width completely changes the look in a very good way.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was going to wear GS Diesel boots for this "little" project today, wound up wearing Indys, no photos of the boots however, dead phone. But did this for son/daughter-in-law and grandkids, while everyone was at work and/or at daycare. I feel like a freaking truck hit me, but the look on my 6 yr old granddaughters face was worth all the sweat and back pain.
IMG_1393.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics