• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm TTS in Grant and -1/2 in TB. Grant is my favorite last for boots. They are sleeker than Barrie and TB, but not as dressy as Plaza or Hampton. Hits that perfect spot for me.
Preach this, grant last is now my favorite last for Alden boots. I’m a 12 E brannock and wear both 12D and 11.5E (the latter is hard to find but maybe a slightly better fit) in both grant and Barrie lasts. My feet are slightly different sizes though (my left could fit 11.5D barrie comfortably but not my right) and I haven’t had that many boots to dial it in.

Great last though. I sold my color 8 shell PCT boots in barrie for a pair in grant and love it.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No idea why, but seemed like a pumpkin type of afternoon
IMG_8453.JPG

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preach this, grant last is now my favorite last for Alden boots. I’m a 12 E brannock and wear both 12D and 11.5E (the latter is hard to find but maybe a slightly better fit) in both grant and Barrie lasts. My feet are slightly different sizes though (my left could fit 11.5D barrie comfortably but not my right) and I haven’t had that many boots to dial it in.

Great last though. I sold my color 8 shell PCT boots in barrie for a pair in grant and love it.

Nice to see the Grant train filling up. Been saying for years that (IMO) its Aldens best boot last.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An Aberdeen type of day

PXL_20210728_134152182.jpg
PXL_20210728_133815707.jpg
PXL_20210728_133819992.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats. They look new and hunting green is no longer available. I like the edge and storm welt colors.
Thank you Sir! They are new, a make up for “Supply & Advise”. Lucked up on a last pair, in my size.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you Sir! They are new, a make up for “Supply & Advise”. Lucked up on a last pair, in my size.

You are fortunate indeed! I love the color. Being a EEE means it is almost impossible for me to find a pair from a retailer on anything other than stock items. It did happen once when a customer got a pair of plain toe shell boots in my size, paid the deposit and then did not go through with the sale once they arrived. They allowed me to pay the balance, so I got the credit of the other guys deposit. Sweet. How could I refuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics