• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A staple shoe of Alden & of my rotation.
3BF2EA2A-5F0D-4820-A0A0-B8A36F3EFB38.jpeg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8 LHS fans, what is your favorite, go to belt to wear w your loafers? I know it depends on the outfit, leaving this open ended for those who dress them up vs down.
Currently I’m wearing a brown leather woven/braided belt….I generally don’t tuck in my shirt when wearing loafers.
I should clarify that I’m not particularly keen on meticulously matching my belt and shoes, unless the situation calls for which is not often.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Sizing advice please. I’m looking to purchase my 1st pair of Alden Indy boots in the trubalance last. I currently wear 10.5 in GS Leo last, 10.5 in Red wing 1907, size 10 in Viberg 1035 last. I’m a regular D width, 10.5 in frye boots. Thank you

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing advice please. I’m looking to purchase my 1st pair of Alden Indy boots in the trubalance last. I currently wear 10.5 in GS Leo last, 10.5 in Red wing 1907, size 10 in Viberg 1035 last. I’m a regular D width, 10.5 in frye boots. Thank you
Trubalance last is a wide last, so .5 size down from your usual size.
I believe Grant Stone suggests the same for their Leo last, but I only have experience with the Alexander last which GS advises to get the same size as one's in the Leo last.

I wear:
9 in 1035
9.5 in Alexander, I wouldn't hesitate to get a 9.5 in the Leo last....just saying.
9.5 in Trubalance

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OMG, I didn't wear Aldens at all today, working in yard, helping son remove sod and put down weed barrier in advance of building a "play set" for the grandkids, so wore another brand of boots (GS). I feel like a traitor......:) Now that area is prepped, think I will wear Indy boots to build the sucker. It is wood, and Harrison was a carpenter, so a fitting boot for the job.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, I didn't wear Aldens at all today, working in yard, helping son remove sod and put down weed barrier in advance of building a "play set" for the grandkids, so wore another brand of boots (GS). I feel like a traitor......:)
My feet pledge no loyalty, thy shall escapade wonders of the welted-footwear–realm!

ecworks

Reaction score
I have to give a shout out to Alden today. Sent them an email last week asking if they could send me a pair of shoelaces for my 975's. They sent me 4 pairs, including a pair for my Indy 405's!
All on the house. Got to love those guys.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Color 8 LHS fans, what is your favorite, go to belt to wear w your loafers? I know it depends on the outfit, leaving this open ended for those who dress them up vs down.

I have a color 8 shell belt, but a brown CXL belt gets more wear with the loafers. I think the CXL goes better with denim.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must acquire a pair of these. So choice!

Thanks so much. Sadly, I have heard that Hunting green suede is no longer available for shoes or boots. Others can shed some light on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads