• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve had a few seconds that I didn’t keep, but only rare shell (which they charge full price for). Usually they’ve had really bad dye issues or a cut in a bad place. For non shell seconds I’ve had great luck.

For example, I just got a pair of the anatomica unlined snuff suede plain toe boots with the gusset contrast calf tongue and the flaw is a missed stitch which was later repaired on the heel near the ankle, which I’ll never see when wearing.

View attachment 1641973
one of my favorite pair of boots is a TSM seconds, the tiger stipe boot; a tiger stripe on left toe cap-, but over time it has lessoned, and honestly I don't care any more if they have a stripe

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I have received the same pair of seconds that I returned to both Brogue and TSM. It was a pair of saddle shoes, with a badly ripped tongue. Only me… Lol!
I’ve had a few seconds that I didn’t keep, but only rare shell (which they charge full price for). Usually they’ve had really bad dye issues or a cut in a bad place. For non shell seconds I’ve had great luck.

For example, I just got a pair of the anatomica unlined snuff suede plain toe boots with the gusset contrast calf tongue and the flaw is a missed stitch which was later repaired on the heel near the ankle, which I’ll never see when wearing.

View attachment 1641973
one of my favorite pair of boots is a TSM seconds, the tiger stipe boot; a tiger stripe on left toe cap-, but over time it has lessoned, and honestly I don't care any more if they have a stripe

Seconds are also a great way to try a new/different last at a discount.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday.
7539D9E4-80FC-46B1-89E8-0E425BD02AA5.jpeg

TommyB

Reaction score
I guess there’s a first for everything - in this case my first pair of loafers, from Brick + Mortar in Seattle. Very happy with these!
A6FD879E-5841-4FB7-B5F5-22D278209936.jpeg
E7760889-0E0A-4B55-BDBE-693950F87F05.jpeg
41D591E4-01F6-42CB-B57A-4C070361E6BB.jpeg
Some heel slip on the left foot but hopefully that will go away.

(I was lucky to also score a pair of cigar loafers on Leydon recently but they’re still in the US, while I’m not for another five months..:rolleyes:)

Olof69

Reaction score

View attachment 1641973
They are gorgeous. What is that style number?

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
The worst par if seconds I have received from TSM is my CXL cap toes from B&M. They are on the far right of the picture. You can see that the speed hooks are higher on the right side of the boot than the left. I do notice it when putting them on and taking off, but you can't see it under my pants and they feel fine so I am good with it.

IMG_6903.jpeg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least I have finally been proven correct that Alden White and Alden Milkshake are NOT THE SAME.

So to all who attacked me or were nasty to me or just plain rude to me trying to prove me wrong ?

This is probably the low point of this thread, for my 11+ years here. Really sad to see this kind of language and low-brow behavior. Uncle Mac is definitely not very happy right now.

Let's honor the tradition of this thread and keep the discourse kind, helpful, civil, and respectful.

Be well Alden brothers.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
The worst par if seconds I have received from TSM is my CXL cap toes from B&M. They are on the far right of the picture. You can see that the speed hooks are higher on the right side of the boot than the left. I do notice it when putting them on and taking off, but you can't see it under my pants and they feel fine so I am good with it.

View attachment 1642142
That’s what happened to my V tip Brogue boots. It’s not that the speed hooks/eyelets were misaligned. It looks like the inner quarter/panel wasn’t stitched forward enough

Attachments

• D6111556-A750-4B1D-AB15-D00FAE527BAE.jpeg
    D6111556-A750-4B1D-AB15-D00FAE527BAE.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads