• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DG123

Reaction score
UPS Call!!

40538 Color 8 Indy on Neocork. A real treat in 10eee. Ordered in Dec. 2020 from Madison.

*What’s going on w/ Alden boxes? Last 2 pair the glue was a mess and I had to tape around the lip to keep stability…
View attachment 1629885 View attachment 1629886 View attachment 1629887 View attachment 1629888
I hope to some day have a Color 8 shell Indy boot w/Neocork sole. If you happen to have worn a pair of 405 Indy boots, please advise is there is any fit difference between the 405 and your new shell Indy boots, thanks.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New waxed laces in my Indy shoes lol
E9C66030-B58D-4153-98B2-437AD72F861F.jpeg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope to some day have a Color 8 shell Indy boot w/Neocork sole. If you happen to have worn a pair of 405 Indy boots, please advise is there is any fit difference between the 405 and your new shell Indy boots, thanks.
I’m wearing the new ones right now. They feel wonderful. Honestly, they are fairly uniform to the 401, 3, and 5. I suspect that these won’t break in as fully as my 405s, as I beat the hell out of those (and will probably reserve the shells for less GADA behaviors). But, I don’t see a need for a size adjustment or anything…

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! :inlove:

Leydon is so comfortable and a really nice take on the LHS with the heel foxing out back!

Luscombe

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been covered before. I have been reading through this thread and have not been able to find a good answer for me.

I am interested in an Indy Boot and have a few questions about model #'s and sizing.

Sizing:
I measure 11B on a Brannock. I wear an 11B in Allen Edmonds Dalton and they could be more snug. I wear a 10B in the Whites MP modified Barrie last and they fit perfectly.
Does Aldens offer a narrow width in the Indy boots that will fit me and what size would you suggest? The most narrow size I could find was a C.

Indy Models:
These boots would be an office type of work boot. I live in the midwest and these woold see winter use in some snow and wet conditions; leather soles are out. I am not a fan of waxed finishes. I do like pull-up leathers. I found the leathers on my AE boots and shoes to be very fragile and would tear rather than scuff. I am open to a suede finish and or a KUDU. Would y'all provide some recommendations?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a Friday forum pals and time for some saddle whiskey action.

IMG_0476 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads