• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profligate47

Reaction score
Ravello

IMG_3397.jpg
IMG_3390.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Can anyone shed some light on the old AldenxBB M-58 last for me and sizing?

The plain toe bluchers were made on them.

The other Brooks last, the M-75, fits just like Plaza, TTS.

Will M-58 fit the same way? Consensus on the net seems to be that it's different than the Barrie, but can't figure out by how much.

Thanks!

SSingh1975

Reaction score
Yall think that I can pull off with slim shorts and my Indy's 405? Going on vacation for a whole week to Hawaii starting next week so thinking of taking my 405s and my Keen hiking sandals.

I'm thinking black t shirt/or shirt, with slim cargo shorts, 405s and angle socks. Kinda a "lost traveller" look ..
Random google picture:
Capture.JPG

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Yall think that I can pull off with slim shorts and my Indy's 405? Going on vacation for a whole week to Hawaii starting next week so thinking of taking my 405s and my Keen hiking sandals.

I'm thinking black t shirt/or shirt, with slim cargo shorts, 405s and angle socks. Kinda a "lost traveller" look ..
Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145
[/QUOT

To Hawaii? Are you going hiking? If not, a pair of unlined LHS might be more versatile.

DG123

Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145

Leave the Keen hiking sandals at home and go Indy boots all day every day.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145

No

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145

Taste is subjective and this looks cool to me. I wouldn't do it but I think it looks alright on you. Most importantly, what I have learned during this very expensive shoe journey is that the only thing that matters is how what you wear makes you feel. One day you may be feeling a little adventurous and feelin good and a week later look at the pic's and wonder 'WTF was I thinking about'? Do you my-man. If it's shorts and boots, go for it.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taste is subjective and this looks cool to me. I wouldn't do it but I think it looks alright on you. Most importantly, what I have learned during this very expensive shoe journey is that the only thing that matters is how what you wear makes you feel. One day you may be feeling a little adventurous and feelin good and a week later look at the pic's and wonder 'WTF was I thinking about'? Do you my-man. If it's shorts and boots, go for it.

That’s well put and I agree. I’m not sure why on a trip to Hawaii you would wear boots, I’d be in flip flops but to each their own!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145
+1
With as much money as we all spend on shoes, wear them however you see fit. If you’re feeling it, enjoy and wear in great health!

SSingh1975

Reaction score
To Hawaii? Are you going hiking? If not, a pair of unlined LHS might be more versatile.

oh..have planned tons of hiking, especially the volcano state park. I have my Keen sandals. I've used these religiously for all my kayaking/hiking trips over the years and I always buy these once they are worn out. Highly recommend it. The vibram outsole is rock solid even on wet rocks, etc.
20210613_152520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics