• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Took a hiatus from the Alden thread for a good while. Checked it today and instant regret. Those CXL saddle NST's from AOC are A M A Z I N G. Can't even begin to express how much I'm kicking myself for missing out.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I seen those Alden whiskey or revello shell that mdubs posted and it looks amazing. Am I right to say these shells are generally not easily available?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I seen those Alden whiskey or revello shell that mdubs posted and it looks amazing. Am I right to say these shells are generally not easily available?

Not easily available from Alden, no. Ravello is proprietary to Alden but whiskey is available from other companies without the same degree of availability concerns.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To note, Whiskey shell has been discontinued and Bourbon is its replacement, but there is a bourbon shortage due to a dye issue currently. Some manufacturers still have some Bourbon on hand from before the dye issue arose. Normally Bourbon is a stock shell color and is more readily available, but not from Alden. Other makers will run it more often/all the time.

Ravello and Cigar are the two shell colors exclusive to Alden. Currently Alden is the only company with exclusive rights to any specific Horween shell color.

Biogentic

Reaction score
To note, Whiskey shell has been discontinued and Bourbon is its replacement, but there is a bourbon shortage due to a dye issue currently. Some manufacturers still have some Bourbon on hand from before the dye issue arose.

Ravello and Cigar are the two shell colors exclusive to Alden. Currently Alden is the only company with exclusive rights to any specific Horween shell color.
thanks for the update. really like the bourbon shell colour. let see if edward green has those but it is so expensive

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the update. really like the bourbon shell colour. let see if edward green has those but it is so expensive
Carmina always has bourbon on hand if you want some. They even use it in stock shell makeups and not just mtos.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
To note, Whiskey shell has been discontinued and Bourbon is its replacement, but there is a bourbon shortage due to a dye issue currently. Some manufacturers still have some Bourbon on hand from before the dye issue arose. Normally Bourbon is a stock shell color and is more readily available, but not from Alden. Other makers will run it more often/all the time.

Not to be needlessly pedantic but AEs chili might be exclusive. I may have missed it along the way but I'm not sure there's been anything definitive one way or the other. I think there had been some speculation that it was garnet (they definitely seem similar) although I don't own any garnet to compare against. Regardless, it's a great color.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be needlessly pedantic but AEs chili might be proprietary. I may have missed it along the way but I'm not sure there's been anything definitive one way or the other. I think there had been some speculation that it was garnet (they definitely seem similar) although I don't own any garnet to compare against. Regardless, it's a great color.
Oh so Chili is Garnet shell. I always thought they were different too and that formerly Walnut (which is discontinued anyways) and Chili were the AE exclusives, but apparently that is no longer the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads