• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They looked brand new this morning, honestly, I did nothing but wear them all day. Didn't mow the lawn, move rocks, walk the dog in the brush and somehow managed to mess them up.....oh well and as someone here once said "embrace the patina"
IMG_7791.JPG

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They looked brand new this morning, honestly, I did nothing but wear them all day. Didn't mow the lawn, move rocks, walk the dog in the brush and somehow managed to mess them up.....oh well and as someone here once said "embrace the patina" View attachment 1610051
Patina is life. A green banana ain't sweet, but a yellow one with a few brown spots is mighty nice to eat.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday full strap

PXL_20210514_134017286.jpg
PXL_20210514_133509634.jpg
PXL_20210514_133514763.jpg

Biogentic

Reaction score
Is it wise to size up on the Copley last for penny loafer?
I have only tried on the Alden LHS penny loafer on the VAN last in US8.5D Picked up a pair of Alden Loafer 9694F US9 D on the Copley last but worried it might be too big leading to heel slip.
I have Edward green on the 184 E and fits UK8.5/9 E

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it wise to size up on the Copley last for penny loafer?
I have only tried on the Alden LHS penny loafer on the VAN last in US8.5D Picked up a pair of Alden Loafer 9694F US9 D on the Copley last but worried it might be too big leading to heel slip.
I have Edward green on the 184 E and fits UK8.5/9 E
Size up from your normal size-width? No. From van? possibly
I wear Copley pennies in my normal size and width; and size down ½ for LHS.

Biogentic

Reaction score
Size up from your normal size-width? No. From van? possibly
I wear Copley pennies in my normal size and width; and size down ½ for LHS.
Hi James, thanks for your reply.
My bannock size is approximately US9D, I have tried before the Alden LHS van last loafer US8.5D and US9D but find that US8.5D would fit me a lot better with minimal heel slip. For the Alden Copley last 9496F which I manage to grab a pair from skyvalvet today, I bought US9D as I read very briefly online that it run true to size but worried I would be getting a wrong size as I research further, I do see people getting the same size as the VAN last.
I also grabbed a pair of 901 on the hampton last US9D, i hope both fits well ya... this would be my 1st 2 pair of Alden, I worn mainly edward green loafer on the 184 last and fit ok with UK8.5/9 E.

DG123

Reaction score
Hi James, thanks for your reply.
My bannock size is approximately US9D, I have tried before the Alden LHS van last loafer US8.5D and US9D but find that US8.5D would fit me a lot better with minimal heel slip. For the Alden Copley last 9496F which I manage to grab a pair from skyvalvet today, I bought US9D as I read very briefly online that it run true to size but worried I would be getting a wrong size as I research further, I do see people getting the same size as the VAN last.
I also grabbed a pair of 901 on the hampton last US9D, i hope both fits well ya... this would be my 1st 2 pair of Alden, I worn mainly edward green loafer on the 184 last and fit ok with UK8.5/9 E.

If you are concerned about heel fit/slip consider trying a pair of C width. Your D width Alden shoes have a B width heel., and a C width Alden shoe will have an A width heel. If you do want to try a more narrow width it is usually best to size up a half size for length, for example, compare 9D with to 9.5C width.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. Boots for a trip to the park to watch some sparkling batting and fielding from my grandson and his 5 year old pals playing T Ball. Every week he shows improvement. Let's hope this week he does not run to first, and then turn around to run back to home plate.

IMG_0356.jpg

GGMac

Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. Boots for a trip to the park to watch some sparkling batting and fielding from my grandson and his 5 year old pals playing T Ball. Every week he shows improvement. Let's hope this week he does not run to first, and then turn around to run back to home plate.

View attachment 1610198
Nice. I just got back from my 5 year old son’s T-ball game. Amazed at the progress made from the 1st practice until this point…and also at the negative impact of a missed/cancelled practice. I think I’ve enjoyed it as an assistant coach / cat herder as much he has playing for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads