• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbernie

Reaction score
deleted

adrs1157

Reaction score
I think you are creating revisionist history so I am going to repost "pics" of the exchange between me and JSO1 post so you can clearly see that he is the one that struck first, in a nasty and negative way. And then my responses in which I clearly stated no insult was intended for mdubs and that people misunderstood me and/or I did not clearly write my post. And that has been the problem, mdubs never told me I insulted him, JSO1 made an assumption but at least he moved on where as others decided to join in and keep the myth going for no reason. Nobody would have thought twice about it unless JSO1 responded in the first place. JSO1 could have sent me a PM stating that he did not like my post but he chose to call me out publicly based on an incorrect assumption. It's all just so stupid.

JSO1
View attachment 1608391
Me
View attachment 1608392
Me
View attachment 1608393
JSO1
View attachment 1608394
Me
View attachment 1608395
JSO1
View attachment 1608396

Maybe if people actually read the follow up post this could have ended a long time ago but people chose (there's that word again) to make assumptions and carry this on by attacking me so I responded. Again, this is all so stupid based on an initial incorrect assumption.

If anyone actually took the time to go back and determine how many times I have actually liked or Loved an mdubs post or read the many times I have quoted his post and written about how nice hos shoes are they would know that I never intended to insult him. But some how it is my fault that people jump to assumptions and did not actually read the earlier posts.

You are helping to prove my point. You are still calling it a jab at mike/mdubs or that I hurt someone's feelings which is simply wrong. JSO1 made an assumption (see above) and you obviously did not read my earlier post (see above).

I am responsible for what I write but not when people take it out of context, add tone when there is none, or make assumptions about whether or not I insulted a third party. When do people take on their own personal responsibility and not make assumptions. Think about how differently this would have gone if JSO1 contacted me by PM and I had the chance to explain why his assumptions were wrong?

Again, you are wrong. I went on the defensive after being called out publicly by JSO1. Think about it, my post is older and so many people read it but some how DID NOT come to the same conclusions as JSO1. What if JSO1 never responded to it by calling me out in a nasty way? Would we even be at this point of silliness?

I did read your follow up post. All of them. Did you just make a - gasp - assumption about me?

It does not change the core point I'm trying to make.

To your third point, I disagree. You absolutely went on the offensive and actively attacked other users.

Anyways, we're at the point where we will go in circles. Take what you will from the conversation and have a good day.

nbernie

Reaction score
I read it but did not have time to respond. Too chicken to keep your comments public?
C7320CF2-CB76-47F0-8C68-90D15E35F89F.png

X_dSF

Reaction score
For @audog, please pay special attention to the left shoe (right side in the picture) and you will notice the scuffs on the edge and the suede near the toe which happened after less than 5 wears. Give it time and they will have the full "city patina" which includes human waste, bird poop, sewer water, multiple permanent scuffs/scars from all the debris lining the streets due to the non-stop construction. Add in a few elevator doors with their own agenda and escalators that love to chew up shoes, especially the more expensive kind, and my shoes will have the normal battle scars of city life.

This discussion reminded me of another experience. My wife went to Ferragamo a few years ago and asked the SA (who has helped her mother and aunt for more than 20 years) to try on a shoe. He replied: I will not sell you this shoe. My wife inquired as to why not and the SA replied: I only sell this shoe to ladies with a car and driver who have never seen the inside of a taxi or ridden the subway. Maybe your mother (who lives in Connecticut) or your Aunt (who lives in Delaware) but not you. You walk in your shoes so we need to get you something that will not fall apart so quickly. He also reminded her to get rubber sole protectors on any shoe that she purchased from him at the only cobbler he trusted who happened to be in NJ.

Anyone know the color match for "antique" edging on Aldens because I do not have the correct (Saphir) color?

View attachment 1608253
It's hard to find this post after read all the things above...I am a "suburbanites who do not actually "walk" in their shoes" but somehow plea my guilty in not walking in mine so much.

Also, for the antique edging I would say just use any conditioner you have on hand without pigments. While the mayor's recommendation on AE walnut shoe cream

Reference:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I think you are creating revisionist history so I am going to repost "pics" of the exchange between me and JSO1 post so you can clearly see that he is the one that struck first, in a nasty and negative way. And then my responses in which I clearly stated no insult was intended for mdubs and that people misunderstood me and/or I did not clearly write my post. And that has been the problem, mdubs never told me I insulted him, JSO1 made an assumption but at least he moved on where as others decided to join in and keep the myth going for no reason. Nobody would have thought twice about it unless JSO1 responded in the first place. JSO1 could have sent me a PM stating that he did not like my post but he chose to call me out publicly based on an incorrect assumption. It's all just so stupid.

JSO1
View attachment 1608391
Me
View attachment 1608392
Me
View attachment 1608393
JSO1
View attachment 1608394
Me
View attachment 1608395
JSO1
View attachment 1608396

Maybe if people actually read the follow up post this could have ended a long time ago but people chose (there's that word again) to make assumptions and carry this on by attacking me so I responded. Again, this is all so stupid based on an initial incorrect assumption.

If anyone actually took the time to go back and determine how many times I have actually liked or Loved an mdubs post or read the many times I have quoted his post and written about how nice hos shoes are they would know that I never intended to insult him. But some how it is my fault that people jump to assumptions and did not actually read the earlier posts.

You are helping to prove my point. You are still calling it a jab at mike/mdubs or that I hurt someone's feelings which is simply wrong. JSO1 made an assumption (see above) and you obviously did not read my earlier post (see above).

I am responsible for what I write but not when people take it out of context, add tone when there is none, or make assumptions about whether or not I insulted a third party. When do people take on their own personal responsibility and not make assumptions. Think about how differently this would have gone if JSO1 contacted me by PM and I had the chance to explain why his assumptions were wrong?

Again, you are wrong. I went on the defensive after being called out publicly by JSO1. Think about it, my post is older and so many people read it but some how DID NOT come to the same conclusions as JSO1. What if JSO1 never responded to it by calling me out in a nasty way? Would we even be at this point of silliness?

There was no revisionist history in my comment and I am not sure how what I said could have been construed as such. To the best of my recollection, I've not offered any position on this topic nor did I do so in any prior incidents in this thread (ie. the white/ivory discussion and, perhaps, others).

The pattern of these **** storms surrounding your comments is notable though. Ah! Nevermind, I'm sure you are right... it's us.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at first I just thought he was aloof, now I’m starting to think he’s an exceptionally gifted troll.

time to ignore him and move on gents. let’s get this thread back to what it should be.

hot take: my favorite aldens right now are all on Trubalance. Thoughts?

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, back to boots and shoes please ?
I am just too excited for these Ravello Indys...generally I limit myself to 4 pics but cant help myself here. Still in the honeymoon phase with these boots.
Switched out the flat laces as it's too much effort to keep them untwisted and it bothers my mild OCD. Think these laces are a good match (they came with a pair of Viberg boots).
Denim cuffed just for these pics.

20210512_103817.jpg
20210512_103833.jpg
20210512_103851.jpg
20210512_103920.jpg
20210512_103937.jpg
20210512_104012.jpg
20210512_104032.jpg

Sorry for spamming with pics ?

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my Aldens are on Trubalance. Trubalance is favourite!

adrs1157

Reaction score
at first I just thought he was aloof, now I’m starting to think he’s an exceptionally gifted troll.

time to ignore him and move on gents. let’s get this thread back to what it should be.

I wish that last could work for me. Missing out on a lot of solid makeups because of fitting issues.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the uptick of 379x. That is currently my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads