• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another inaugural outing. Split toe Tuesday in Brassvello style; my first Plaza boot.

I can definitely see the draw for the Ravello versatility!

PXL_20210511_133422401.jpg
PXL_20210511_210152460.jpg
PXL_20210511_210155704.jpg
PXL_20210511_210203289.jpg

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not picking on him but rather all the suburbanites who do not actually "walk" in their shoes.

That statement seems to call out a lot of people.

adrs1157

Reaction score

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
And there it is, when people are not up to having an adult conversation because they often lack the intelligence and/or realize that they are wrong, they stoop to posting memes and foolish graphics rather than admit that maybe they are wrong.

Have you admitted that you were wrong? Off the top of my head, I can't think of another occasion where I've had an adult challenge strangers to an IQ test. Yet, oddly, you seem to be asserting yourself as the adult in the room.

For some reason, you seem to attract negative attention across many of the threads in which you participate. Perhaps that's cause for introspection on your part?

Or, by all means carry on if you prefer... after all, we're just shooting the breeze about wildly expensive shoes so I guess it should be assumed that there might be some oddballs among us. ?

adrs1157

Reaction score
Ok @NYCTechNerd I'll bite.

Yet I only started writing negative responses after I was accused of doing something that I did not actually do so how does your comment make sense?

Let me start by saying you've not said anything particularly wrong. Ever, really. It's just you can communicate these things better to get a more fruitful response from the forum and potentially drum up better conversation in general.

At the end of the day we're all here to talk about our shoes.

Let us at least be clear about the timeline of events:
- A single person (JSO1) read tone into an older post that did not have any tone and made an accusation that I insulted another person (mdubs).
- I explained in a response post that I did not mean to insult the original person (mdubs) and that either people (or one specific person) misunderstood my post or that my writing was not clear. I also mentioned that I PM'ed the insulted person in-question (mdubs) and I would wait on his response
- Then several other people came out of the woodwork, or crawled out of the mysterious holes where they live, and began to tell me what my original intent was in my post that tagged (mdubs).

You're right. I didn't even notice your little jab at Mike at the end of your post. It wasn't until @JSO1 brought it up and you responded venomously that I felt the need to chime in. Not necessary at all, but we're all allowed to express our feelings no? The bottom line is whether or not you "intended" on hurting anyone's feels is a moot point. Feelings were clearly hurt. Again, not because you're inherently wrong. It is because of the way you chose to communicate it. You need to acknowledge it.

Explain to me how people know what my intent was in that original post? Is someone here telepathic?

It is your job to convey your point to the masses via your communications. That is the problem. Nobody can know your intent, so do a better job communicating it next time. Or you can just apologize for the misunderstanding, reiterate your point and move on. You chose to die on this hill instead.

Explain to me why people would jump on the bandwagon and stir the pot after I had already stated that I did not intend to insult mdubs and explained that maybe my writing was not clear or that people misunderstood it?

You went on the offensive, that's why. @JSO1 triggered you and rightfully so. Your defense is misguided. Learn to apologize and learn some apathy. It'll help you in life.

Yes, I acknowledge that after all of that happened I made the poor decision to swing in the mud with the other fools who decided to jump on a non-issue and make it into something more than it was. At least JSO1 had the good sense to take me at my word and move on but it is too bad that others have nothing better to do then flame the fire of a non-existent issue that only lives inside their pea sized little brains that cannot comprehend what actually happened (or did not happen).

I have nothing to say about this. Take the opportunity to self reflect and learn from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads