• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DG123

Reaction score
Model number is D8613, I believe they went by Aoc-99 at Adam's site. They are Natty CXL Barrie last.

Thanks for the information. Great looking pair of shoes. From the photo you provided my guess is that this pair has a double leather sole. Is that correct ?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Great looking pair of shoes. From the photo you provided my guess is that this pair has a double leather sole. Is that correct ?

I designed that shoe in collaboration with Adam at Alden of Carmel. It's my favorite Alden pattern.

One thing you will notice is that even though it has a natural welt, it does not have the standard white welt thread. Adam specified a light brown antique goodyear welt thread, which was the same welt thread used on the Color 2 Longwing (which had a natural welt, and is to my knowledge the only Alden exotic shell shoe ever made with a natural welt).

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was originally a 12 pair run. 2 pairs were FD'd and ended up at TheShoeMart, and several (as many as 4) pairs were apparently not made due to insufficient leather or catastrophic defects. I have tracked down 8 pairs that were made (including the 2 which were FD'd), but I suspect there are 2 more pairs which I have not been able to find.

If my research is correct, then there should be a second 8D pair out there somewhere. My pair is staying with me, though.
My man knows everything there is to know about the shrimping business.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brick and Mortar ran those.The run was very small. Yenni told me there were only 8 pair total. There are some other Indy’s made on double leather though, I can think of color 8, whiskey and Regina grain pairs I’ve seen in the past.
JDotZ knows. Thanks for your insight.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of 986s in 10.5D if anybody is looking. I wore them around the house for a few hours and they’re too small for me, I’m in Australia so if you’re local they’d be a good price.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
First-time poster in the Alden thread here. A couple of months ago, I tried on some Color 8 Indy Boots at The Shoe Mart in CT. The fit ruined all of my Allen Edmonds for me and led me to defect to you guys. The Truebalance last is so perfect for me, with the Barrie Last coming in a really close second. I currently own Color 8 Indys, Chukkas, Plain Toe Boots, and Punch Cap Toe Boots. The Grant last on the Punch Cap Toes doesn't fit me as well as the Barrie, so I'm thinking about selling them in the marketplace, but I'm really happy with Alden's quality, appearance, and fit!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First-time poster in the Alden thread here. A couple of months ago, I tried on some Color 8 Indy Boots at The Shoe Mart in CT. The fit ruined all of my Allen Edmonds for me and led me to defect to you guys. The Truebalance last is so perfect for me, with the Barrie Last coming in a really close second. I currently own Color 8 Indys, Chukkas, Plain Toe Boots, and Punch Cap Toe Boots. The Grant last on the Punch Cap Toes doesn't fit me as well as the Barrie, so I'm thinking about selling them in the marketplace, but I'm really happy with Alden's quality, appearance, and fit!
Welcome, glad you came over from the "Dark Side". Actually, AE has some really good footwear, Alden is just better :)

Reactions: AHS

barutanseijin

Reaction score
0B7705FD-F0C4-452A-BC67-5C2ADA7CDAD5.jpeg

975s for wingtip week Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads