• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwester

Reaction score
Hard for me not to wear loafers when it warms up.
View attachment 1605206
Are those the Plaza last tassel moccasins from B&M? If so, I'm curious how they fit compared to Plaza last shoes. Aberdeen doesn't work for my feet, so I've been eyeing those since I'd like a pair of tassel loafers. Plus they look amazing; the slightly squared toe goes well with the moccasin style.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those the Plaza last tassel moccasins from B&M? If so, I'm curious how they fit compared to Plaza last shoes. Aberdeen doesn't work for my feet, so I've been eyeing those since I'd like a pair of tassel loafers. Plus they look amazing; the slightly squared toe goes well with the moccasin style.
Yes indeed that is the B+M plaza tassel moc. It fits me better than my Aberdeen tassels, where I have to width down and endure some forefoot crunch to get the great heel fit that is key to keeping a loafer on the foot. Compared to a plaza blucher, which fits me beautifully in my normal brannock size, I went half size down, same width, for the plaza loafers, at Yenni's suggestion. And they fit me beautifully, also. Seems this loafer runs a bit long.

Last edited:

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday in my B&M Snuff Suede "Debonair" boots.
PXL_20210506_000626140.jpg

slows2k

Reaction score
@Hisheirness23

Ive had my eye on those at B&M for a while; gonna swing by when Im in Seattle later this month and check them out.

Perfect shade of lighter olive on those pants; deets on who makes them?

Bavo

Reaction score
Same will be using mine for city commuting.

The sales rep told me a surge of sales for the Alden's just happened the past 2 days. Guess you were one of them ;) Couldn't risk taking the L on these.
I have started using these Alden x Engineered Garments for my commute walks. I am really digging the 379x fit. They only had E width, and I am not sure the D would be as comfortable (I am D in everything else). I sized down 1/2.
AD452ACF-650C-49E7-BEBF-D25A411D8543.jpeg
9F1AB7FE-0516-4249-9056-AB5D48448644.jpeg
5A861E01-A554-456B-B742-F30D904890B3.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum pals. Off to run errands in some of the new, more bourbon colored Ravello today. Don't forget Mother's day this weekend for the mother/mother figure/mother of your children/female and/or male person (heck anyone who expects some present from you on a regular basis) in your life.

IMG_0288.jpg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have started using these Alden x Engineered Garments for my commute walks. I am really digging the 379x fit. They only had E width, and I am not sure the D would be as comfortable (I am D in everything else). I sized down 1/2.
View attachment 1605410 View attachment 1605412 View attachment 1605413
Meaning you sized half down from Brannock? Or you sized a further half down because of the width?

I have never tried this last but understand sizing is same as that on the Barrie. I take a “D” width though so I assumed these EG collab shoes would not work for me.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meaning you sized half down from Brannock? Or you sized a further half down because of the width?

I have never tried this last but understand sizing is same as that on the Barrie. I take a “D” width though so I assumed these EG collab shoes would not work for me.

379X and Barrie are pretty different. In general, the sizing guidance is to take the same size, but this assumes a bunch of things. 379X has a wide toe box that is very rounded, while Barrie has a less rounded toe box. 379X has a very narrow waist and heel with medium arch support, while Barrie is more generous through the waist and heel with fairly low arch support.

Bavo

Reaction score

379X and Barrie are pretty different. In general, the sizing guidance is to take the same size, but this assumes a bunch of things. 379X has a wide toe box that is very rounded, while Barrie has a less rounded toe box. 379X has a very narrow waist and heel with medium arch support, while Barrie is more generous through the waist and heel with fairly low arch support.
I went down half size from Brannock, so same length as my Barrie. I had similar concerns about the E width but had read about the narrow waist and heel (as @JSO1 mentions above) so figured it could work out. I'd say it feels similar to my D width Barrie shoes but still a little more snug in the waist, which I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads