• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Suede Saturday. Alden x BB Milkshake Suede Unlined U-Tip Blucher.

Alden x BB Milkshake Suede Unlined U-Tip Blucher - 2021-04-24 - 1.jpg

Alden x BB Milkshake Suede Unlined U-Tip Blucher - 2021-04-24 - 4.jpg

Alden x BB Milkshake Suede Unlined U-Tip Blucher - 2021-04-24 - 6.jpg

Alden x BB Milkshake Suede Unlined U-Tip Blucher - 2021-04-24 - 12.jpg

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
What do you think about the milkshake? Was contemplating this shade...

Yeah, this is my first pair and my second pair (Indy via LaRossa) is shortly behind them. It’s a pretty cool color in my opinion but being a really light color, it isn’t as versatile, so I wouldn’t make it my first suede, but definitely a nice addition!

-Mike

lcdx22

Reaction score
I personally found the Milkshake suede color varied from light grey to light tan. Would recommend an ask before buy if the color matters.

Here's an example of variation within a pair:
View attachment 1599240

I am not 100% sure as I don't have an undergrad in color theory, but to my amateur eyes they look different.

X_dSF

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure as I don't have an undergrad in color theory, but to my amateur eyes they look different.
Don't have a degree either. But they surely different in color. Also need to point out they both have a much brown shade than the mayor's milkshake u-tip.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Don't have a degree either. But they surely different in color. Also need to point out they both have a much brown shade than the mayor's milkshake u-tip.

Yeah lighting also plays a role with light shades. I'm looking forward to seeing what my first pair turns out like. I'm in the Plaza U-Tip boot from Ealdwine.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using the AE product, but I think its too dark. I'll try a neutral.

The neutral or whatever transparent AE edge dressing is, to me, the best edge dressing for any type of lighter edge. I use it on pretty much every shoe except black welts/edges.

The chili edge dressing in parts too much of a red color for my liking. Neutral maintains the original color much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads