• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Not to belabor a point, but Milkshake View attachment 1598058

Have I lost track or is this pair #3 for the day? I'd love to get some milkshake suede and nearly bought that awesome BB pair of u-tips that @mdubs added recently. For now, I will continue to live vicariously since I have a 3 year old in the house and the probability of chocolate milkshake suede is too elevated to chance at the present time.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have I lost track or is this pair #3 for the day? I'd love to get some milkshake suede and nearly bought that awesome BB pair of u-tips that @mdubs added recently. For now, I will continue to live vicariously since I have a 3 year old in the house and the probability of chocolate milkshake suede is too elevated to chance at the present time.
Yes pair #3, which is not uncommon for me (retired, not much else to do once house is clean). A 3 yr old is more important than any footwear, so enjoy the ride and pay more attention to him/her than to any shoes or boots.

shoetree

Reaction score
8640D4A2-3B1B-4BF9-A9DC-CF43338C0E65.jpeg

?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure how technical ivory not being white is, but I expect a dissertation...

Alden offers both milkshake suede and and ivory calf suede. Ivory is most definitely white.

Odd instinct to tell a guy, who knows that he purchased white shoes, that his shoes are not what he thinks. While supporting that with a flurry of links that are obviously a different color.

"White" is apparently a mine field. Whatever happened to eggshell or adobe whites?

1619136461879.png

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to belabor a point, but Milkshake View attachment 1598058
And that is what is great about Alden, there are enough colors/makeups/styles to go around. Personally, I like the milkshake/lighter color suede, but totally respect and support YOUR choices in footwear. After all, it's what makes America great, different opinions and respect for all of them :)
Yeah I love those milkshake indys

X_dSF

Reaction score
Was also confused for the "ivory suede" when I saw them first time. Ivory (the color) is also somewhere between tan and white in my mind. However they are definitely the same as the "white buck" leather after a quick comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads