• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum pals. A little cool today calls for long sleeves and boots.

IMG_0242.jpg

Bonus pics
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've never before seen a pair of white colored Alden shoes or boots. Is that an aftermarket color or original from the factory ?
original makeup available at the Ealdwine Men’s Shop

I think it is "Milkshake" suede (rather than actual white).

The only true "all white" Alden shoes I know of are from AoM:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it is "Milkshake" suede (rather than actual white).

The only true "all white" Alden shoes I know of are from AoM:
According to their website, it is Ivory suede

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
According to their website, it is Ivory suede

Ivory is not white if we are being technical. It appears there is milkshake, ivory, and white but I am not sure if some of that is local retailers marketing rather than Alden's actual colors. The AoM stuff does seem "white".

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ivory is not white if we are being technical. It appears there is milkshake, ivory, and white but I am not sure if some of that is local retailers marketing rather than Alden's actual colors. The AoM stuff does seem "white".
Not sure how technical ivory not being white is, but I expect a dissertation...

Alden offers both milkshake suede and and ivory calf suede. Ivory is most definitely white.

Odd instinct to tell a guy, who knows that he purchased white shoes, that his shoes are not what he thinks. While supporting that with a flurry of links that are obviously a different color.

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not sure how technical ivory not being white is, but I expect a dissertation...

Alden offers both milkshake suede and and ivory calf suede. Ivory is most definitely white.

My undergraduate degree is a BFA in Fine/Studio arts so I have no desire to complete another written and project dissertation. With that said, ivory is not white but rather a creamy off-white because it has some color. Technically, True Black is "all the colors in equal measure" and True White is the "total lack of any color".

I do not know enough about Alden's colors and what retailers may call them so I will defer to the actual experts regarding the shoe in question and other white, ivory, and milkshake Alden shoes and boots.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My undergraduate degree is a BFA in Fine/Studio arts so I have no desire to complete another written and project dissertation. With that said, ivory is not white but rather a creamy off-white because it has some color. Technically, True Black is "all the colors in equal measure" and True White is the "total lack of any color".

I do not know enough about Alden's colors and what retailers may call them so I will defer to the actual experts regarding the shoe in question and other white, ivory, and milkshake Alden shoes and boots.
Except that positioning yourself as authority on all things is exactly what you are doing. But we’ll just roll with this then. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads