• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hunting green reverse chamois is discontinued, unfortunately
Isn't green reverse chamois just mushroom chamois with a different name? Horween definitely still makes their green chamois.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't green reverse chamois just mushroom chamois with a different name? Horween definitely still makes their green chamois.

No, hunting green chamois was just straight green. Mushroom chamois is kind of a weird green, brown and yellow hybrid

Todd-Snyder-Alden-Indy-Boot-Green-e1576859620563.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, hunting green chamois was just straight green. Mushroom chamois is kind of a weird green, brown and yellow hybrid

There's forest, olive, green and mushroom chamois still being made, but yeah looks like hunter green was a special color. I still have a hard time differentiating the differences with some of them. Loden suede is as close as we can get for Alden then?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's forest, olive, green and mushroom chamois still being made, but yeah looks like hunter green was a special color. I still have a hard time differentiating the differences with some of them. Loden suede is as close as we can get for Alden then?

Yeah, AFAIK loden is now the only greenish suede/chamois Alden carries

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In the interest of scoring rare shell colors, do you have a strong opinion on Horween vs. Comipel? A major appeal of Alden rare shell is the translucent patina that Horween rare shades (in particular) take on.

I understand Grant Stone and Trickers use comipel but I've never seen them in person. Based only on online research, I believe Shinki shell can achieve the translucent patina but is thinner and less durable than Horween. I also note that C&J, Carmina and Enzo Bonafe still choose Horween over comipel.

The one data point I have is my custom order with Rozsnyai. Over email, Sandor told me he generally uses comipel which he found to be cheaper but of similar quality and more readily available in rare colors. However, he offered and I accepted a premium to special order Horween armagnac because I wanted the translucent patina and he believed that would be more evident in Horween than comipel shell.

I have several pairs of Comipel Tricker's. It's not bad and the color variety can't be beat. But I would take Horween over Comipel every day of the week. Given how many pairs I have, durability is really just an abstract concept but I have no reason to believe Comipel isn't durable. I know of one guy who had a crappy experience with a Comipe pail but I haven't. had a bad experience.

The Tricker's lady who looks like she could beat up everyone here says to burninate fluffy suede.

AJ1

Reaction score
Alden needs to bring these back..great looking pair of boots

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Well, hoping I didn't strike out on the new LHS. The right one fits like a glove, but the left one is a little tight width wise in the forefoot, causing some soreness along the outside of the foot from the ball of my pinky toe and a little ways further back.

Like an idiot, I wore them to work today thinking it would be ok and work out, but still not comfortable at the end of the day. Not unwearable by any means, but certainly bothersome.

In this case, would you all a) sell while they're still valuable with only one wear, or b) attempt a stretch of some sort (not sure if this is even possible or advisable)

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, hoping I didn't strike out on the new LHS. The right one fits like a glove, but the left one is a little tight width wise in the forefoot, causing some soreness along the outside of the foot from the ball of my pinky toe and a little ways further back.

Like an idiot, I wore them to work today thinking it would be ok and work out, but still not comfortable at the end of the day. Not unwearable by any means, but certainly bothersome.

In this case, would you all a) sell while they're still valuable with only one wear, or b) attempt a stretch of some sort (not sure if this is even possible or advisable)
Taken from a LHS collector.. chill pill.. they will overtime conform and make you a happy camper for life. These are artisan hand made.. u want insta go grab some Nike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hello all, Got my first Alden boots and posting some pictures. These are the Alden Plaza Last Indy boots Shell Color 8 made for Gentleman Footwear and I am very impressed by these boots.

View attachment 1593130 View attachment 1593131
View attachment 1593135 View attachment 1593136
View attachment 1593132 View attachment 1593133 View attachment 1593134

saurabh, welcome to the thread and the Alden family!! Those are truly remarkable boots and should take great care of you!!!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads