• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwester

Reaction score
Moderna or Pfizer? Not that it matters, what's important is that everyone get vaccinated and then put this COVID crap to rest.
Pfizer. It was a very well organized affair; they give several thousand shots a day there. Volunteers all over the place to act as guides, some device that reads your temperature from 10 feet away, and QR codes to keep track of you. Within a minute of getting my shot I received an email link to schedule the next one, which I was able to do on my smartphone while waiting the mandatory 15 minutes. If they could replicate this across the country we would nip it in the bud pretty quickly.

trg12

Reaction score
I don't think you have to change size between unlined and lined barrie chukkas. (Although unlined chukka have a better flexibility when they lasting, they are flexible on your feet too)

But I would recommend to try down a half size from your barrie bluchers if you have a lower instep due to the chukkas' naturally higher instep.

Interesting, I feel like I have consistently less instep and upper mid-foot space in Barrie chukkas as compared to Barrie shoes due to the position of the lacing. I have only tried shell chukkas though.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't think you have to change size between unlined and lined barrie chukkas. (Although unlined chukka have a better flexibility when they lasting, they are flexible on your feet too)mBut I would recommend to try down a half size from your barrie bluchers if you have a lower instep due to the chukkas' naturally higher instep.

Interesting, I feel like I have consistently less instep and upper mid-foot space in Barrie chukkas as compared to Barrie shoes due to the position of the lacing. I have only tried shell chukkas though.

I think it depends because leather types can last/fit differently. I am a 9.5D Barrie in my suede 9794 LWB and 9503 PTB but when I tried a shell Chukka, the toe box was so narrow it hurt. I literally did not even take a step. Unfortunately, that store (not AOM) did not have any E widths so I was never able to compare.

trg12

Reaction score
I think it depends because leather types can last/fit differently. I am a 9.5D Barrie in my suede 9794 LWB and 9503 PTB but when I tried a shell Chukka, the toe box was so narrow it hurt. I literally did not even take a step. Unfortunately, that store (not AOM) did not have any E widths so I was never able to compare.

Right, leather is another variable. I wear tongue pads in shell LWBs and PTBs in 9E and still lace them almost closed, while I really feel the pressure of the uppers in shell chukkas in 9D and 9E.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pfizer. It was a very well organized affair; they give several thousand shots a day there. Volunteers all over the place to act as guides, some device that reads your temperature from 10 feet away, and QR codes to keep track of you. Within a minute of getting my shot I received an email link to schedule the next one, which I was able to do on my smartphone while waiting the mandatory 15 minutes. If they could replicate this across the country we would nip it in the bud pretty quickly.
Very similar to here in my town, the vaccine site is giving about 800-900 a day, volunteers as well to guide, and same QR codes, also got email on phone to schedule second one (which I have received). I thought all of the sites were like the two of us experienced. However, after listening to news reports, it would seem not everywhere is as organized.

vnguyen_md

Reaction score

I got my first pfizer shot on Friday @ walmart. outside of 2 days arm feeling bruised, no other issues.

Attachments

• IMG_9536(2).JPEG
    IMG_9536(2).JPEG
    262.7 KB · Views: 20

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Very similar to here in my town, the vaccine site is giving about 800-900 a day, volunteers as well to guide, and same QR codes, also got email on phone to schedule second one (which I have received). I thought all of the sites were like the two of us experienced. However, after listening to news reports, it would seem not everywhere is as organized.

Based on personal experience with my first dose and speaking to friends and family, the experience in Seattle varies immensely. I somehow managed to book with a local Kroger owned store. They were only doing one person every 15min at least during the morning I got mine. It really didn't seem any different than getting a normal flu shot other than sitting around for 15min after.

To keep this ever so tangentially related to Alden, I wore Horween cordovan shoes albeit Tricker's.
vzeqg-oytumza67aowo7rq-jpg.1585343

X_dSF

Reaction score
It might caused by differences in foot shape. Especially the height around ankle, where the chukka laces up.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An American staple to start the week.

PXL_20210412_134624668.jpg
PXL_20210412_133635305.jpg
PXL_20210412_133639151.jpg

chrfi

Reaction score
It was the first proper spring day here and first time wearing shoes instead of boots since... October, I think.

Alden CXL dovers. These are 7E and with the super soft CXL they have just a bit too much volume for my feet. This spring when I took these out, I put on a Pedag tongue pads on the shoes and I'm surprised how much they changed the fit - much better now volume wise!

2UJQgtN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads