• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
San Francisco did. They were all pre reserved.

I have heard that Color #4 is going to now be a regular offering in Alden’s exotic rotation. So if you haven’t gotten on some of these recent orders, there is hope on the horizon.

-Mike
That's good to hear.
I'd love some Colour 4 Indys / Tankers / WTB

Last edited:

gv7123456

Reaction score
I realized that I am too lazy for flat laces on a 9 eyelet boot and decided to round up.
436C120D-428F-4283-84FF-A82F9412C09F.jpeg

ctmike

Reaction score
I do not know why but this made me laugh. I am planning a possible in-person trip to The Shoe Mart next week because my online order of factory seconds was a total fail (mostly due to sizing issues on my part). Google Maps shows the left picture if you search by address and the right picture if you search by name.

View attachment 1589592 View attachment 1589593

The new store is way better than the old one. It's like someone waved a magic wand over that Payless.

I live two towns up the road and sometimes head south for work and hit TSM on the way home (well, when I used to leave the house for work). Be aware: both the parking lot and the traffic in that area can be really annoying. Maybe a little less so on a weekend.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new store is way better than the old one. It's like someone waved a magic wand over that Payless.

I live two towns up the road and sometimes head south for work and hit TSM on the way home (well, when I used to leave the house for work). Be aware: both the parking lot and the traffic in that area can be really annoying. Maybe a little less so on a weekend.
One would think weekends would be worse for traffic. I'm just jealous of you guys who are within driving distance of an Alden retailer...

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I appreciate the heads up although I think only SoCal has traffic worse than Manhattan but the "almost-after-covid" time we now live in seems to have thrown all sense of normal traffic patterns out the window.

One would think weekends would be worse for traffic. I'm just jealous of you guys who are within driving distance of an Alden retailer...

You have heard me say it before, it is a blessing and a curse. I am jealous of you all who live in the middle of nowhere (where it is quiet) and/or have so much room to store shoes (in those big houses with big closets). What I would give to have 1 good night's sleep without being woken up by a garbage truck, fire truck, ambulance, police car, or some other form of urban noise.

ctmike

Reaction score

The traffic volume here is nothing compared to DC, Boston, LA, NYC, Atlanta etc. What makes it so frustrating is that when you get off the highway, there is a light every 1/8 mile on Route 1. This leads to incredible traffic jams, as well as CT drivers pulling borderline crazy moves to get through lights. I say this as a 20+ year CT driver - we are worse than Mass drivers, worse than Jersey. *Edit*: I didn't mean to exempt myself from this. I will cut you off in a heartbeat. All that said, it is nice to live near a retailer.

In order that this not be a traffic digression entirely, here are my Leather Soul Alpine Grain longwings. Paired with sweatpants by Adidas, a Little Sip from Lawson's (in celebration of vaccine #1 and being off tomorrow), some cat treats, baseball, and several eye rolls from my girlfriend.

IMG_1291 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The traffic volume here is nothing compared to DC, Boston, LA, NYC, Atlanta etc. What makes it so frustrating is that when you get off the highway, there is a light every 1/8 mile on Route 1. This leads to incredible traffic jams, as well as CT drivers pulling borderline crazy moves to get through lights. I say this as a 20+ year CT driver - we are worse than Mass drivers, worse than Jersey. *Edit*: I didn't mean to exempt myself from this. I will cut you off in a heartbeat. All that said, it is nice to live near a retailer.

In order that this not be a traffic digression entirely, here are my Leather Soul Alpine Grain longwings. Paired with sweatpants by Adidas, a Little Sip from Lawson's (in celebration of vaccine #1 and being off tomorrow), some cat treats, baseball, and several eye rolls from my girlfriend.

View attachment 1589952
I have to drive a considerable distance to even go to a store that MAY have one or two pair of Alden in stock, and they will be 405's or 403's. AE stores are within 2 hrs one way, but I don't want AE...so even with traffic lights, aggressive drivers, long wait times, I'm still envious.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I appreciate the heads up although I think only SoCal has traffic worse than Manhattan but the "almost-after-covid" time we now live in seems to have thrown all sense of normal traffic patterns out the window.

You have heard me say it before, it is a blessing and a curse. I am jealous of you all who live in the middle of nowhere (where it is quiet) and/or have so much room to store shoes (in those big houses with big closets). What I would give to have 1 good night's sleep without being woken up by a garbage truck, fire truck, ambulance, police car, or some other form of urban noise.
Well, you got me there....our noise is the garbage collection trucks that start around 5:30 AM and then the FREAKIN geese on the lake/pond that start around 6 am...haven't heard a siren in my area in a couple of years. Neighbors dog likes to bark around 6 am at the squirrels or something.....bottom line is every local is different, every local is good and we all love shoes/boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads