• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it’s certainly unique (and won’t be made again), but the only question is whether it is too “different” for you.

They are different. I think I like them. I did learn that it was a VERY difficult design to make and you are probably right, Alden won’t do them again.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if these are yours... but honest answer only since you asked. I can't help but think that they'd look better as a saddle style derby with a utip apron.

I did buy them. I’m still waiting for them to arrive. I am trying to figure out if I love them or hate them. I do know it is likely they won’t be made again. I got an amazing deal on them in my odd size and they are new in box.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What do you all think about this Alden Make-up?

View attachment 1589649 View attachment 1589650

More importantly, what do you think of them?

It's a large amount of money to spend if you are not 100% in love with them.

I did buy them. I’m still waiting for them to arrive. I am trying to figure out if I love them or hate them. I do know it is likely they won’t be made again. I got an amazing deal on them in my odd size and they are new in box.

This has always led to buyers remorse in my life. A good deal does not equal a good decision.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden for the afternoon. The feet were getting a little tired and these are more comfortable.

IMG_0211.jpg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I too love a well structured shoe for comfort... those Harvest LWB’s came out outstanding .. I keep eyeballing the image.. beautiful..

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More importantly, what do you think of them?

It's a large amount of money to spend if you are not 100% in love with them.

This has always led to buyers remorse in my life. A good deal does not equal a good decision.

Im a collector. So, even if I decide I don’t love the looks of them, I’m still going to be happy that I have a pair of these and Alden is probably never going to make another.

Also, the more I look at the picture, the more I like them. They are so different than any other Aldens I have seen. That’s the fun of the Alden Make-Up. The factory is pretty conservative with the styles they make tons of. But, these are much more unique than others.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
color 4 is raining down this year

which store had these?

San Francisco did. They were all pre reserved.

I have heard that Color #4 is going to now be a regular offering in Alden’s exotic rotation. So if you haven’t gotten on some of these recent orders, there is hope on the horizon.

-Mike

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have heard that Color #4 is going to now be a regular offering in Alden’s exotic rotation. So if you haven’t gotten on some of these recent orders, there is hope on the horizon.

-Mike

nice. love plain toe shell boots.

nbernie

Reaction score
How do the boots fit on all but the top racks?

-Mike
In addition to, or as a replacement for, whiskey?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
In addition to, or as a replacement for, whiskey?

Well, Horween apparently hasn’t made Whiskey in about the last 12-18 months from what I have heard due to environmental considerations. They have replaced it with Bourbon and all of the recent Whiskey models have been made out of Bourbon Shells.

It is my understanding that the new exotics are Bourbon (may still be referred to as Whiskey and even carry same model numbers), Color #4, Ravello, and Cigar in addition to Color #8 and Black. Hope that helps!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads