• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whiskey bal to get my first shot. Turns out I was scheduled yesterday. Walked to a bunch of pharmacies. No extras. Took the subway back to Brooklyn. As I pull into the station, call from one of the pharmacies I visited - one shot left if I can get back in 20. Hop on the train other way. Conductor comes on, there’s a track fire, no service. Run upstairs, get in a cab, make it with 1 minute until the shot expires, get vaccinated. Felt like a Seinfeld episode; can attest Aldens are not made for a full tilt sprint; these shoes now have quite a good memory associated with them.
View attachment 1589206

1617837038567.jpeg

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Audog, you do not want shingles. It’s good you’re getting that shot.

whiskey bal to get my first shot. Turns out I was scheduled yesterday. Walked to a bunch of pharmacies. No extras. Took the subway back to Brooklyn. As I pull into the station, call from one of the pharmacies I visited - one shot left if I can get back in 20. Hop on the train other way. Conductor comes on, there’s a track fire, no service. Run upstairs, get in a cab, make it with 1 minute until the shot expires, get vaccinated. Felt like a Seinfeld episode; can attest Aldens are not made for a full tilt sprint; these shoes now have quite a good memory associated with them.
View attachment 1589206

Congrats on making the shot in your Aldens.

On Seinfeld you would have missed the shot — and ruined your shoes somehow. But yeah, definitely like Seinfeld. It reminds me of The Airport.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Audog, my wife had more side effects with both shingrix doses than first Pfizer covid dose. Fever, aches, headache the morning after then all of a sudden fine. I had sore arm and a bit of aches but otherwise fine after shingrix doses (and first Pfizer dose for that matter). Just sharing.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My contribution to Wingtip Wednesday are these B&M Snuff Suede "Debonair" boots. Even more in love with these since switching out the laces to the snuff laces from TSM! Much better match and love that they're 54-inches compared to the 48-inch laces from AE. Allows me to tie a Berluti knot much easier!
PXL_20210407_213704607.jpg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had side effects from both first and second Moderna shots.. then again I have fair skin.... wasn’t a big deal but the site was messed up for a few days each time... my 2 cents

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1589206
Great shoes and great story!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Audog, my wife had more side effects with both shingrix doses than first Pfizer covid dose. Fever, aches, headache the morning after then all of a sudden fine. I had sore arm and a bit of aches but otherwise fine after shingrix doses (and first Pfizer dose for that matter). Just sharing.
My wife had exactly same reactions!!! First Moderna dose gave me a headache for about 12 hrs, shingrix, sore arm this morning, so far nothing else.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...Switched to a more "proper" boot for the late afternoon and trip to get a Shingles vaccination, which my wife tells me I need (?).
I had side effects from both first and second Moderna shots.. then again I have fair skin.... wasn’t a big deal but the site was messed up for a few days each time... my 2 cents
My wife had exactly same reactions!!! First Moderna dose gave me a headache for about 12 hrs, shingrix, sore arm this morning, so far nothing else.

Shingles vaccine made me feel like I had the flu for 2 days. Unlike audog, my wife did not make me get it, it was sitting there on the counter with my name on it when I walked in for my last annual checkup.

On my way to my first Pfizer shot. From the Pfizer shots, my wife had a very painful arm the first day, sore arm the second, and third day it hurt if she bumped it with both of them. My older brother, an ER Doc, said I should just take ibuprofen every 6-8 hours to avoid pain. I hate taking medicine so I may just suck it up.

No Alden pics because I am going full on comfort mode with running sneakers and sweats (aka WFH wardrobe) so hopefully I will not bump into anyone since I am going to CVS.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
color 4 looking nice on those bluchers

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Day 3 - Initial Treatment Plan - brush, lace, admire, and convince your wife why you need more Aldens.
Day 2 was Saphir Invulner waterproofing spray
Day 1 was Saphir Renovateur conditioning spray

IMG_2595.jpg

And not to worry, there are no more initial treatment days because what comes next is to wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads