• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have these significantly darkened since new?
No, not really. But then again I do not wear them frequently and they spend their time in the shoe bags. Not sure if that makes any difference in the speed of color change.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, not really. But then again I do not wear them frequently and they spend their time in the shoe bags. Not sure if that makes any difference in the speed of color change.
Well they are a fantastic shade, nonetheless

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Sunday forum pals.

IMG_0074.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Sunday Snuff x Ealdwine.
View attachment 1568933

TC, those Ealdwine Indy's are looking truly superb! A great model from our friends in NC.

View attachment 1568995
6845 in black cordovan. It's the BB model but I believe it's the same?

My go to loafer right now. Surprised by how versatile black shell is.

JPH, those Black Shell Full-Straps are looking great. An awesome model on you. Yes, I believe that the Alden and the BB variant on this model is essentially the same. I am not aware of any major changes between the two. I love them with the denim and I sort of relieved to see that nice pairing because next month is Black Shell Cordovan month and I wasn't sure if I was going to have to go more formal or if I could pull off denim... :cool:

The 1493 Snuff Suede chukka arrived yesterday. First pair of snuff suede I’ve owned and I’m very pleased with them. I’m a 9E on the Barrie last and went to 10E on the Leydon last. The 9.5E on the Leydon was too snug in the toe box (regardless of sock thickness). The 10E maybe just a tad on the loose side but definitely more comfortable and nothing that can’t be remedied with a slightly thicker sock. View attachment 1569015 View attachment 1569016

JG, congratulations on your new Leydon Lasted Unlined Chukkas! Those are a great and superb model. I recently picked up the Dark Brown variant and wondered why I waited so long! Snuff is a great shade of suede and should serve you well! Enjoy in good health!!!

Happy Sunday forum pals.

View attachment 1569090

Happy Sunday Doc! Those #8 PTBs are looking just great! You have a superb shine on those! Very nice work my friend!

Kind of a suede Sunday so far. View attachment 1569095

AuDog, those Snuff Suede Indy Boots are looking great on you! But it is Leisure Sunday... ;-)

Enjoy them today my friend!

-Mike

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey uh......Sunday(?) for me having brunch with the spouse. I like the cuffed look, my wife prefers without cuffs. Guess which one won out.......

20210213_WhiskeyChukka4 (2).jpg
20210213_WhiskeyChukka2 (2).jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Whiskey uh......Sunday(?) for me having brunch with the spouse. I like the cuffed look, my wife prefers without cuffs. Guess which one won out.......

View attachment 1569138 View attachment 1569139

Great looking Chukkas my friend! Those are looking superb!!! Looks like you got some small cuffing going on there, but pretty sure that you left the house with out any cuffing. ;-)

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads