• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGMac

Reaction score
While the V-tip isn't really for me, Aldens scotch grain is criminally underused as a leather. B&M has a wingtip boot in it on closeout, unfortunately my size is gone. They look stunning.

Scotch Grain is great. I have 3 makeups and am considering the WTB with Brass on 379x from Steve at Gentlemen’s Footwear.

He’s also got some scotch grain pre-orders for a LWB and a NST boot.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For how does it compare, see my preceding post. Why choose Modified at all? Moulded Shoe actually had a 7 EEE in stock, in an offbeat style of shoe. Ths pretty much never, ever happens. I've had to order almost all of my Aldens. Alden of San Francisco has your basic Indy boots, calfskin captoes, and calf and suede tassel loafers in stock in 7 and 7.5 EEE, as does Sherman Brothers. Most of the other retailers have one or two choices in 7 and 7.5 EEE or (much more often) don't stock those sizes at all. Everyone can order those sizes -- I've ordered from B+M, Eadlwine, AoC, TSM, LaRossa, Moulded Shoe (different Modified Last makeup, hasn't arrived yet) and AoM -- but finding a shoe IN STOCK is more or less impossible. So I decided to snap these up and I'm glad I did.

Did you see this AE shoe closeout in 7EEE:
1614988904244.png

Shoe info from AE website:

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you see this AE shoe closeout in 7EEE:
View attachment 1568284

Shoe info from AE website:

I did not see that, thank you for pointing it out!

Frank Hall

Reaction score
Trout fishing on the White River in Arkansas. 403s in the mornings and Adam's NST saddles
403s Fishing on White River.jpe
NST Natty Bluchers Fishing on White River.jpe
/bluchers in the afternoons. the accommodations are individual cottages with kitchens; so, I thought it would be somewhat safe. Fishing was great. Mostly sunny and 35 in the mornings and 65 in the afternoons. Mostly spin fishing in Arkansas, but some fly fishing.

slows2k

Reaction score
Scotch Grain is great. I have 3 makeups and am considering the WTB with Brass on 379x from Steve at Gentlemen’s Footwear.

I really dig the WTB in scotch grain, but know less than nothing about my 379X size. B&M has almost the same boot except on Barrie and double oak, but they're sold out in my size. I called to verify because when I saw them I knew I would want them. Alas...

GGMac

Reaction score
I really dig the WTB in scotch grain, but know less than nothing about my 379X size. B&M has almost the same boot except on Barrie and double oak, but they're sold out in my size. I called to verify because when I saw them I knew I would want them. Alas...
I wear the same size in Barrie and 379X although some take 379X 1/2 size up or a width up from Barrie if they have a high volume foot or borderline on the width. I have a lower volume foot with a narrow heel so same sizing works well for me.

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. those of you who have a well broken in double Waterlock soles.. are they the same softness as regular oak double leather? I have two pairs of Waterlock.. one single and one double .. handful of wears each .. they seem stiffer but that could be due to newness..

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn these J. Crew PCTs in a year, so an early a.m. vet appointment is as good an excuse as any!

yU79oUw.jpg

6rkFtgr.jpg

tAFEEw8.jpg

I hope everyone has a great weekend, as always!

Gorgeous dog! Is that a Doberman?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CMT1

Reaction score
Very nice to see the pup CMT.

Thanks! It was great to get out and about, even briefly.

Gorgeous dog! Is that a Doberman?

He is - 15 weeks and shedding puppydom quickly.

8 weeks:

lhsIzA3.jpg

Now:

A3lf2oE.jpg

We lost our 7 year old Red to cancer in December and it shattered us. By dumb luck we found this guy in a litter where the reserving party backed out, and we jumped. He's been awesome so far, but he's just starting to teethe so we're prepared for the worst. :)

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

8 weeks:

lhsIzA3.jpg

Now:

A3lf2oE.jpg

We lost our 7 year old Red to cancer in December and it shattered us. By dumb luck we found this guy in a litter where the reserving party backed out, and we jumped. He's been awesome so far, but he's just starting to teethe so we're prepared for the worst. :)

Super cute, great dog. I know the pain of losing a dog, though adding a new one to the family helps, it never fills the void that the lost one left. Enjoy him in the best of health!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear the same size in Barrie and 379X although some take 379X 1/2 size up or a width up from Barrie if they have a high volume foot or borderline on the width. I have a lower volume foot with a narrow heel so same sizing works well for me.
Same sizing works for me as well. I agree with your description of high volume foot and 379x. Like you, I'm a low volume, narrow heel.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

8 weeks:

lhsIzA3.jpg

Now:

A3lf2oE.jpg

HIDE THE SHOES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads