• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More 379x this afternoon, the "tiger stripe" TSM boots, although the tiger stripe on left boot toe is slowly
IMG_7078.JPG
going away

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Plain toe boots. So plain that they do not even have eyelets.

IMG_0053.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My wife says I have too many of the same brown suede shoes. How can she not see the differences?
View attachment 1561651

An updated version because as much as I wanted the AE snuff suede strand in a 9.5EE to fit, one of these days I will need to admit to myself that the AE 65 last simply does not work for me no matter the size. On the other hand, the 9.5D in Alden Barrie is nirvana (or as close as I might ever get without going bespoke).

From left to right:
  • 9UK Carmina 531 PTB Brown Repello Suede - Detroit Last
  • 10D Brooks Brothers by Alden 00063 Cap Toe Blucher Walnut Brown Calfskin - Snap Last
  • 9.5D Alden 9794 LWB Snuff Suede - Barrie Last
  • 9.5D Alden 9503 PTB Humus Suede - Barrie Last

IMG_2509.jpg

Even I think I might have enough brown shoes for now but I really want these as "rainy day" shoes.
1614612360092.png

I am also on the restock wait list for these as "very casual weekend" shoes (to replace my AE Wilberts).
For those who do not know: Alden on the Left <- and Allen Edmonds on the Right ->
1614612691348.png
1614613220901.png

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I love everything about this pairing except the shirt. The green is not a great tonal match for the blue and yellow tie as well as the stripes are about the same scale/size as the stripes in the suiting fabric. Go for a bolder/wider stripe or a pencil thin one but make it a different scale than the suit stripe. And I share this as I am at my computer on Zoom in sweatpants and sweatshirt since I have not yet been back to the office. :)

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Plain toe boots. So plain that they do not even have eyelets.

View attachment 1564920

Doc, those Color #8 PT Boots are looking truly superb on you today! Loving those boots and a great variant of Alden's PT Boot!

Savvy, those Color #8 Perf Tip Balmorals are looking quite sharp with the suit there my friend. That is a truly fantastic shade of Color #8 as it has a lot of richness to the shade.

Morning all. Ravello Indy stunners today

View attachment 1565009

Vocans, those are just stunners, not much else to say other than superb!

Daniel, those Stitchups are looking just great on you my friend! Such a great style and such a fantastic shade in that Ravello.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
March 2021 - The One That Got Away.jpg

March 2021: The One That Got Away

Gentlemen, I wanted to kick off March 2021’s monthly topic. This is now our third monthly topic, and I expect that this one will bring out some fairly interesting stories. Take all the time that you need to think of your personal response, as you got all month to work on a post that suits you and captures your thoughts, so no need to rush to post a response today!

The theme is "The One That Got Away", what I mean by that phrase is which Alden did you either not pick up when you had the opportunity to (had to pass on), sold and now regret it, or something disastrous happened to them? I imagine most will be in the first of these categories, but tossed the third one in there in case someone's puppy chewed up their Color #4 Boot or UPS/FedEx lost their Brassvello LWB. They don't have to be a super exotic, it could be a good old classic as well.

Please reply to this post to make your responses easier to see. Thank you so much and I very much look forward to seeing everyone’s thoughts (and I am sure discussions) this month!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads