• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Suede Saturday. Alden x Madison SnufSuede Jumper Boots.

3878837E-11EE-42D5-8EB2-E9F563E50BAF.jpeg

97DB4B6F-6F4E-44C8-BD04-EDA42B8FA27D.jpeg

A26CF561-B1B6-42A6-87DB-AB36A3201E49.jpeg

-Mike

Caligula77

Reaction score
Fresh off the truck from Madison. Their recent run of their Ravello 2x2 "Double Double" CT Boot. A true masterpiece made on the Barrie last that brings a great balance of dress and casual together...

View attachment 1563452

View attachment 1563453

View attachment 1563454

Hanging out next to their Cap Toe cousins made out of Ravello Shell Cordovan.

View attachment 1563455

More pictures and narrative can be found here...

-Mike
AoM hit it out of the ballpark with these. Superb!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
7.2 miles on the Ealdwine Boone's this afternoon, breaking them in I guess. Haven't fixed twisted laces, round on order. View attachment 1563333

Those Perf Tips are still looking great AuDog, regardless of how many miles you put on them!

Chippy, those Whiskey Shell Cordovan LHSes are looking truly remarkable and you are wearing them very well!

Earlier today I posted the tan LWBs I was wearing. I like them, but I think they were just a little too tan and a little deeper color would be helpful. So, I did a little work on them during clean up.

View attachment 1563370

Better? Worse? Same? I think better, but that is me.

View attachment 1563373

View attachment 1563375

I think those look very nice Doc. Got a little bit of an EG shine look to them now!

Have a seat. Let’s talk about old times.
View attachment 1563417

Congratulations Joe, those are a great and classic model that you got there! Hard to beat them!!!

AuDog, those Copley Saddles are looking truly superb on you! A great and classic model in a great suede.

Savvy, looking great in those super classy Black Shell Full-Straps. Looks great with your nice attire!

Galileo, those Snuff Chukkas came back great from the factory. Hope that you get to enjoy them for many more years!

Highs forecast in upper 50's today, so garage cleaning is in order. Natty TSM TB last for the job. View attachment 1563688

AuDog, thoseNatty CXL boots are looking great on you!

Happy Saturday forum pals. Cold and rainy outside, which makes it seem like Scotch grain day.

View attachment 1563695

Doc, those grain NST Bluchers are looking great on you! An awesome model that you are wearing well!

-Mike

Johnniegold

Reaction score
The Ravellos received the deer/sleeking bone treatment along with some Renovateur, fawn cordovan cream, a light touch of cognac wax polish and a hint of mirror gloss on the toes and heels.

Heading to an old friend’s tonight who are moving out of the old neighborhood after 25 years (we moved 2 years ago after 23 years).

I’ll wear these tonight.

I figured it was the least I could do. ?

3812E33D-B7A9-4416-B19B-7AA1F922F1B9.jpeg

BoydsShoes

Reaction score
February 2021: Walking in a Winter Wonderland (in Aldens)

Living in San Diego, this is probably the post that I am the least equipped to discuss, but the topic of the month is what is your three recommended Alden's for wearing in the Winter and why. Do you prefer Boots on Commando or Mini-Lug or Double Waterlock or are you wearing Double Leathered Balmorals?

Please reply to this post to make your responses easier to see. Thank you so much and I very much look forward to seeing everyone’s thoughts (and I am sure discussions) this month!

-Mike

Photo Credit to @sazon

Well, last day of the month, so better late than never.

For winter in Boston, I find it's an absolute necessity to wear genuine Vibram brand soles. I found this out the hard way, trying to rationalize why the Alden/Goodyear AT sole was causing me to fall on my rear end whenever I encountered an unexpected icy patch. The final straw was the Halloween snowstorm when I was spinning out of control on my back while a car neatly avoided me.

So, the Modified Last CXL PTB (Alden D8816H) with All Terrain soles got an upgrade. Changed to Vibram Lug Soles using the MegaGrip rubber. Its a softer grippier sole (so the heel wears faster), but the safety improvement was huge. This was especially important for me because I like to go for after dinner walks in the dark, not knowing where I am stepping. 3 months, and no incidents, so it was well worth the added expense. And yes, the heel is showing some signs of wear, but heel replacements are possible even with one piece soles.

IMG_3498_CXL IN SNOW.jpg
VIbram soles.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads