• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They will become harder to find as Natty isn’t being done much if at all from what I’ve read. These also are a nice color for Summertime.

Do you have the newer natty which I believe is more brown or the older version which is more yellow (and I understand turns the same light brown color over time anyway)?

djbanor

Reaction score
Ravello and brass seems to be the order of the day week:

PXL_20210225_201811571~2.jpg PXL_20210225_201757044~2.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is my understanding that Natty is done, no longer being made, So they will become much harder to find.

I should just suck it up and buy them before they disappear because I know a shop that still has a BNIB pair in my size. It's weird, in the 20 years of marriage, and the 30 years my wife and I have known each other, she has never complained about me spending money on anything other than shoes. Though, I have probably spent more in the past 18 months on shoes than in the previous 20 years (not including service such as resoles). It might be that she wants to be the shoe aficionado in our family so it is more about that than the actual money. I dare never ask lest I get the evil eye and eye roll at the same time.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should just suck it up and buy them before they disappear because I know a shop that still has a BNIB pair in my size. It's weird, in the 20 years of marriage, and the 30 years my wife and I have known each other, she has never complained about me spending money on anything other than shoes. Though, I have probably spent more in the past 18 months on shoes than in the previous 20 years (not including service such as resoles). It might be that she wants to be the shoe aficionado in our family so it is more about that than the actual money. I dare never ask lest I get the evil eye and eye roll at the same time.
Oh go ahead and get them! I told my wife a few years ago, would you rather I spent the money on footwear and clothing, or gambling and nightclubs. She hasn't said a thing since ;) The past couple of months, I've found it handy to tell her, Well they were pre-ordered prior to COVID (even if they weren't) as she already knows it takes a LONG time for normal Alden preorders....

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh go ahead and get them! I told my wife a few years ago, would you rather I spent the money on footwear and clothing, or gambling and nightclubs. She hasn't said a thing since ;) The past couple of months, I've found it handy to tell her, Well they were pre-ordered prior to COVID (even if they weren't) as she already knows it takes a LONG time for normal Alden preorders....

We never keep stuff from each other and never lied to each other; sometimes small lies that don't really matter to save the other ones feelings at certain times but never the big (or even medium) stuff. I do not drink, cheat, gamble or really have any vices other than watches, pens, and bicycles but I really think she wants to keep shoes for herself.

It's so bad that she also uses my email for her pre-order announcements knowing that I check my personal email more often than she does and will always get whatever she wants. As an example, she was able to get these recently only because I read the email in my account and made the purchase several hours before she read the email sent to her own account for the same shoe but at that point they were sold out. A win for me because after she arrived home she soon realized that I had already ordered them and even in her correct size.

That is a long way of saying I should get the natty PTB (and not because I got her these before they sold out).

1614289753696.png

Last edited:

wesleeatl

Reaction score
We never keep stuff from each other and never lied to each other; sometimes small lies that don't really matter to save the other ones feelings at certain times but never the big (or even medium) stuff. I do not drink, cheat, gamble or really have any vices other than watches, pens, and bicycles but I really think she wants to keep shoes for herself.

It's so bad that she also uses my email for her pre-order announcements knowing that I check my personal email more often than she does and will always get whatever she wants. As an example, she was able to get these recently only because I read the email in my account and made the purchase several hours before she read the email sent to her own account for the same shoe but at that point they were sold out. A win for me because after she arrived home she soon realized that I had already ordered them and even in her correct size.

That is a long way of saying I should get the natty PTB (and not because I got her these before they sold out).

View attachment 1562624
meanwhile, i wanted to get my girl a pair of boots from Carmina. She goes, “What do I need more boots for? I have a brown pair and a black pair...”

This is a mindset I am very grateful for, although it is not one that I share.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1562624
Those flats are awesome!

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
meanwhile, i wanted to get my girl a pair of boots from Carmina. She goes, “What do I need more boots for? I have a brown pair and a black pair...”
This is a mindset I am very grateful for, although it is not one that I share.

I brought her to the Carmina store pre-pandemic but they did not have her size in-stock for the ones she wanted so I dodged a bullet until we walked past Ferragamo, her favorite, and she more than made up for it...

Those flats are awesome!

They are mostly black which is always great for NYC.

She is still recovering from foot surgery and as result has really expanded her flats (and low heeled boots) collection until she can get back into heels. I actually was able to count them when I took over "shoe care" for her collection this past summer and I did not realize how many there are stashed away in every nook and cranny of her closet and under the (king) size bed.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I brought her to the Carmina store pre-pandemic but they did not have her size in-stock for the ones she wanted so I dodged a bullet until we walked past Ferragamo, her favorite, and she more than made up for it...

They are mostly black which is always great for NYC.

She is still recovering from foot surgery and as result has really expanded her flats (and low heeled boots) collection until she can get back into heels. I actually was able to count them when I took over "shoe care" for her collection this past summer and I did not realize how many there are stashed away in every nook and cranny of her closet and under the (king) size bed.
I hope the foot surgery recovery goes well, foot issues are no fun, I know from personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads