• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the look, just too dressy for my style. I know I would never get them into my rotation.
My AE full strap loafers that I wore once in two years. Lol!
View attachment 1560687
You know, full straps, coupled with denim are not dressy at all, but a nice combo of dressy/casual.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I try not to get overly excited about my shoes these days but I got these babies back from the cobbler yesterday and, well you know where this is going. Let me just say that I've had a welt converted to antique once and while they looked ok, I could see nicks in the welt and edging and the color was underwhelming as well. Sent these to the folks at Wyatt & Dad Cobbler after seeing the incredible work they did on @Thrift Couture shoes but will admit, I was holding my breath until they sent me some pic's last week. Well the pic's did them no justice. I have had a ton of cobbler work done over the years and I have never seen anything as perfect as these. Swapped out commando/dark edges for double leather/antique. There is neither a nick, thread or stitch out of place, Just perfectly done. Not sure that I own a nicer looking pair of shoes. First shot is a before and the rest are after's.......
20210102_CigarMediallion3.jpg
2021022_CigarCaps4.jpg
2021022_CigarCaps3.jpg
2021022_CigarCaps5.jpg
2021022_CigarCaps2.jpg
2021022_CigarCaps1.jpg

Guys are very professional and Tony was in consistent contact with me to ensure that I got what I wanted and again, sent pic's before mailing the shoes just to be sure. Highly recommend these guys!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I try not to get overly excited about my shoes these days but I got these babies back from the cobbler yesterday and, well you know where this is going. Let me just say that I've had a welt converted to antique once and while they looked ok, I could see nicks in the welt and edging and the color was underwhelming as well. Sent these to the folks at Wyatt & Dad Cobbler after seeing the incredible work they did on @Thrift Couture shoes but will admit, I was holding my breath until they sent me some pic's last week. Well the pic's did them no justice. I have had a ton of cobbler work done over the years and I have never seen anything as perfect as these. Swapped out commando/dark edges for double leather/antique. There is neither a nick, thread or stitch out of place, Just perfectly done. Not sure that I own a nicer looking pair of shoes. First shot is a before and the rest are after's....... View attachment 1560791 View attachment 1560792 View attachment 1560793 View attachment 1560794 View attachment 1560795 View attachment 1560796

Guys are very professional and Tony was in consistent contact with me to ensure that I got what I wanted and again, sent pic's before mailing the shoes just to be sure. Highly recommend these guys!
Those look amazing! I saw the pictures posted on IG, had no idea they were yours. Well played Sir!

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I try not to get overly excited about my shoes these days but I got these babies back from the cobbler yesterday and, well you know where this is going. Let me just say that I've had a welt converted to antique once and while they looked ok, I could see nicks in the welt and edging and the color was underwhelming as well. Sent these to the folks at Wyatt & Dad Cobbler after seeing the incredible work they did on @Thrift Couture shoes but will admit, I was holding my breath until they sent me some pic's last week. Well the pic's did them no justice. I have had a ton of cobbler work done over the years and I have never seen anything as perfect as these. Swapped out commando/dark edges for double leather/antique. There is neither a nick, thread or stitch out of place, Just perfectly done. Not sure that I own a nicer looking pair of shoes. First shot is a before and the rest are after's....... View attachment 1560791 View attachment 1560792 View attachment 1560793 View attachment 1560794 View attachment 1560795 View attachment 1560796

Tony & Tobias of Wyatt & Dad are 2 of the best cobblers in the country. So glad to see you went with them. Your shoes look phenomenal.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Deer bones—I know these have been referenced before, but not sure this year. For those of you who use the deer bone w shell, what is your process? Thanks in advance!

Put me in the camp that does not see that they are magical and just uses a spoon with Bick 4.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blue CXL while I ponder the big questions in life. Mayo or Miracle whip?

IMG_0021.jpg

aaronj15

Reaction score
Thoughts on 270 deg welt vs 360 deg welt? I'm curious as to when one is chosen over the other? I only own 2 alden boots and both are 360 degree prestitched, I am eyeing another boot and noticed it is 270 degree flat welt. I personally prefer the look of a 360 degree welt, but is there something about a 270 degree welt that I'm missing?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thoughts on 270 deg welt vs 360 deg welt? I'm curious as to when one is chosen over the other? I only own 2 alden boots and both are 360 degree prestitched, I am eyeing another boot and noticed it is 270 degree flat welt. I personally prefer the look of a 360 degree welt, but is there something about a 270 degree welt that I'm missing?
270 is more dressy, sleeker.

360 should theoretically be more water resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads