• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
The fine folks at Alden of Madison are using the photos of my Leffot Indys on their 405C pre-order page! Lbvs! Should I get a check??? God bless the Interweb!!!

I am not a lawyer, but you should. I don’t think it’s cool, especially without asking permission.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I shine on the can...
The shoe version of this... Lol!
5a3d55a87a93e212c620253c036d9e65.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
All have beautiful boots. My fear is sizing, as there is NO WHERE near me to try them, and I honestly don't want to mess with back and forth shipping to find my size, did that with Alden and it took 4 yrs...:)
Exactly. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger. I'm a pretty standard 10D, so I can get away with the UK equivalent most of the time. When its something I can't try on locally, I attempt to find something pre owned that's reasonably priced and flip it. Sometimes I make beer money, but I usually break even. Lol!

The $35 return shipping fee on Carmina kills it for most who are not local. I am not sure why they decided to open another store only seven blocks from the original one in Manhattan rather than open a new store in another city; makes no sense to me. I would think they would do well in LA, SF, Chicago, and a few others.

Stores 2.JPG

Although, Allen Edmonds has 4 stores in the same area so maybe they know something I don't.
1611752907851.png

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The fine folks at Alden of Madison are using the photos of my Leffot Indys on their 405C pre-order page! Lbvs! Should I get a check??? God bless the Interweb!!!

I am not a lawyer, but you should. I don’t think it’s cool, especially without asking permission.
I don’t even own the boots any longer. But, that’s my trademark leather ottoman. Lol!

It's illegal because it breaks copyright law.

If you want to be really nice, send them an email stating that you think it is funny they are using your picture and wished they had asked for your permission first. See how they respond.

If you want to be sort of nice, send them the image with a watermark including your name, date, and the copyright symbol and state they may have "temporary 365 day non-exclusive use" of your image in trade for a discount on a future pair of something.

If you want to be not nice, tell them to remove it immediately or you will take legal action.

Or do nothing and laugh about it...but know you do have rights protected by copyright law.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following up to my earlier post, when would one purchase a Black Shell Chukka boot?
(assuming most of your wardrobe is casual for work and personal)

And you already have the following:
  • Black calfskin oxford
  • Dark Brown calfskin brogue
  • Dark Brown suede PTB
  • Snuff Suede LWB
  • Cognac NST with rubber sole
What would you purchase before you purchased the boots shown below?

(Would it matter if the black shell chukka was 35% off retail? I am trying to not be the guy who buys something because it is on sale when I know there are other more sensible shoes or boots I should get first).

View attachment 1543437

Well the choices of the next shoe/boot are pretty broad and ultimately comes down to what you want. That being said, the black shell chukkas are a pretty logical next pair. You do not have any shell or boots in the list and the price is really great. You also have many of the typical styles covered with the PTB, LWB, & NST. Given that the PTB you have is dark brown and suede, I do not really consider a black plain toe chukka to be a duplication. Hope that helps.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Old jeans and snuff suede for wingtip Wednesday.

IMG_9925.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads