• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Natty straight tips and moleskin for errands pre-ice/snow/sleet storm expected over weekend and into Monday. CAN'T run out of dog food :) View attachment 1540864

AuDog, looking great in your Natty CXL Double Stitch Boots. Looking great and a great material for them! Definitely low on dog food is an internal crisis.

Very happy to catch the recent wave of Ravello with these acquisitions..
View attachment 1540869 View attachment 1540871

Sanomia, congratulations on your two new Ravello Bluchers. Both are truly lovely and an amazing addition to anyone’s family!

Happy Friday forum pals. I have enough Ravello to wear them one day in a row.

View attachment 1540907

SmfDoc, those Ravello U-Tip Boots are looking truly superb and a great army-of-one for anyone to rock! You are wearing them very well today!

-Mike

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
milkshake-kelis-gif-2.gif

Johnniegold

Reaction score
F6D29A7C-BEB1-42CD-BCDB-AB5C74F3B010.jpeg

Man, how am I going to get to the Alden’s if I keep buying sneakers? I need to raise my level of commitment to my Aldens (even if it means just wearing them around the house). It’s not enough to just rub them with a high-shine chamois every night. (although... they do look great ?).

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today: AWW View attachment 1538664

... and herein lies the rub. During the course of the pandemic, I work from home quite a bit and any time spent in the office is usually dressed down unless I have a videoconference which will be in a shirt and tie onscreen and jeans/chinos.

So my modest Alden collection has always been very utilitarian. STB, Medallion Captoes, Balmoral WTs, NST and LWB to be worn with suits for work.

Now, those shoes, with the exception of those in the back row (Chukka, PTB, LHS and the AWW) and at times the LWB with jeans, don’t see a lot of action.

I may just start wearing them around the house with sweatpants. ???

View attachment 1538665
Such a good makeup.. always loved those

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these ravello pics are making me feel peer pressured to own one and I don’t even care for shell or Alden’s rare colors.
Jokes aside, they really are nice. Personally, shell looks best when it’s new.

Sheepdog

Reaction score
No, you are not the only one.
So there are at least 3 of us! Color 8 does age gracefully for sure, but I wouldn't be all that disappointed if I sent in an old pair for a re-sole and they got dyed in the process.

ahonobaka

Reaction score
Jumping on the Color 8 train, it's my favorite as well. Wouldn't say no to rares though of course...

RMF308

Reaction score
Seeing alot of great examples of some Shell LHS here lately and it’s persuading me to pick up a pair. But before I do, I need some sizing advice for the Van last and especially in regards to the shell LHS. I measure an 8.5 C on my Brannock, and have a narrow heel, low volume, and low arch foot. Would a size 8C LHS be the place to start? Will a Van lasted LHS even work for a narrow low volume foot?

For reference I wear a an 8D in Barrie and TB boots and they work out fine for me, although I think the lace up boot design helps compensate for my narrow foot in these lasts. It would seem that an LHS would require a near perfect fit all around. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads