• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Tuesday. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Boots.

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Boots - 2021-01-19 - 1.jpg

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Boots - 2021-01-19 - 2.jpg

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Boots - 2021-01-19 - 4.jpg

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Boots - 2021-01-19 - 6.jpg

-Mike

mr chorizo

Reaction score
Loafers = snug +1

Must be something in the water with LHS sizing....

I just had to--very painfully--replace a 10 year old pair of color 8 LHS as one shoe went missing out of a carry on bag over the holidays.

I'm an 11D in Barrie boots, bluchers, and trubalance, and my old pair of shell LHS were also 11D. My new pair (still unworn) feels quite snug--big toe almost touching the front--but tried on 11.5D passing by a stockist and felt there was more heel slippage than I'm comfortable with

As the sole and shoe breaks in, I think the shoe will push my foot back and I'll get some flex out of the cordovan, but any thoughts here?

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Must be something in the water with LHS sizing....

I just had to--very painfully--replace a 10 year old pair of color 8 LHS as one shoe went missing out of a carry on bag over the holidays.

I'm an 11D in Barrie boots, bluchers, and trubalance, and my old pair of shell LHS were also 11D. My new pair (still unworn) feels quite snug--big toe almost touching the front--but tried on 11.5D passing by a stockist and felt there was more heel slippage than I'm comfortable with

As the sole and shoe breaks in, I think the shoe will push my foot back and I'll get some flex out of the cordovan, but any thoughts here?

It will ease up a bit. I don’t know if that’s from the shell stretching or from the rest of the shoe compressing or a bit of both. It can take a while depending on how much you wear your loafers.

Johnniegold

Reaction score
Today: AWW
A00535D9-4902-405C-9B17-198385A49F2F.jpeg

... and herein lies the rub. During the course of the pandemic, I work from home quite a bit and any time spent in the office is usually dressed down unless I have a videoconference which will be in a shirt and tie onscreen and jeans/chinos.

So my modest Alden collection has always been very utilitarian. STB, Medallion Captoes, Balmoral WTs, NST and LWB to be worn with suits for work.

Now, those shoes, with the exception of those in the back row (Chukka, PTB, LHS and the AWW) and at times the LWB with jeans, don’t see a lot of action.

I may just start wearing them around the house with sweatpants. ???

C497D548-505C-4678-9536-12052D48FB7B.jpeg

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Today: AWW View attachment 1538664

... and herein lies the rub. During the course of the pandemic, I work from home quite a bit and any time spent in the office is usually dressed down unless I have a videoconference which will be in a shirt and tie onscreen and jeans/chinos.

So my modest Alden collection has always been very utilitarian. STB, Medallion Captoes, Balmoral WTs, NST and LWB to be worn with suits for work.

Now, those shoes, with the exception of those in the back row (Chukka, PTB, LHS and the AWW) and at times the LWB with jeans, don’t see a lot of action.

I may just start wearing them around the house with sweatpants. ???

View attachment 1538665

Those AWW are fantastic. I am considering those or the 9431S Plain Toe Blucher Oiled Nubuck as an "all weather shoe". I like the AWW but worry about the leather toe/tip holding up in bad NE weather.

Anything goes with sweatpants as long as you do not leave the house. Do you really want to be that guy? Go back a few pages and you will see how even an STB with jeans makes me so uneasy when I leve the house.

1611091097037.png

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoes, very cute pup! Dog hair everywhere :)
Lol... just got him three weeks ago. He’s not allowed in the room with the fancy shoes. I think he’s like me, he loves the smell of shell
Cordovan.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol... just got him three weeks ago. He’s not allowed in the room with the fancy shoes. I think he’s like me, he loves the smell of shell
Cordovan.
Funny...I had a dog, a long time ago, who tried to eat footwear as a puppy. caught him in the act with a pair of tennis shoes. Took the shoe away and severely scolded the shoe, made it seem like I was SOOOOO mad at the shoe. Dog never touched another pair of footwear, I think he didn't want the shoes to get so severely scolded again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics